2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a point I've made to posters who freak out about SFL kids "getting away." The internet has shrunk the world. A lot of kids just want to go away to school. It's not really about Miami. Look at top recruiting programs like Bama, UGA, Clemson, and even LSU of late, all schools who historically kept kids home. They raid the **** out of each other. Locking up an area geographically is just a long dead thing IMO. We certainly need to get our share, but forget dominating one area, even if it's down the street.

Bama currently has 4 of the top 10 in-state players with 4 committed elsewhere.

UGA currently has 3 of the top 19 in-state players (and zero top 5) with 13 committed elsewhere (and #11 is committed to us).

LSU currently has 1 of the top 12 in-state players with 6 committed elsewhere.

Clemson currently has 0 of the top 25 in-state players, with #1, #2, and #3 who are all studs, leaning elsewhere.

USC currently has 2 of the top 25 in-state players with 17 committed elsewhere.

OSU has 5 of 10 right now, they lock up Ohio pretty good, but they really have very little completion anywhere near them. Credit, though.
This is a good point but I wonder if the optics of kids playing games exist on their space. I know one thing, GA high school coaches are not happy with Kirby going national. But if you wanna win you have go everywhere. Our state is a little different because of the sheer numbers we produce every year. And also it is nothing new that some of our best all time players were not from SO FL or even the state at all.

This is a point I've made to posters who freak out about SFL kids "getting away." The internet has shrunk the world. A lot of kids just want to go away to school. It's not really about Miami. Look at top recruiting programs like Bama, UGA, Clemson, and even LSU of late, all schools who historically kept kids home. They raid the **** out of each other. Locking up an area geographically is just a long dead thing IMO. We certainly need to get our share, but forget dominating one area, even if it's down the street.

UGA currently has 3 of the top 19 in-state players (and zero top 5) with 13 committed elsewhere (and #11 is committed to us).

Clemson currently has 0 of the top 25 in-state players, with #1, #2, and #3 who are all studs, leaning elsewhere.

OSU has 5 of 10 right now, they lock up Ohio pretty good, but they really have very little completion anywhere near them. Credit, though.
C089C361-E6FE-4423-BF58-72DF445854BC.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
ok, so he couldn't bail early and attend both events. Its one or the other.
Yeah - he would have to get there Thursday and leave at latest, Saturday morning to mid-day via plane.

Advertisement

This is why i keep arguing with this diva label our homegrown kids are getting, but their viewpoint is so small they only know about Miami kids leaving lol. Recruiting is completely different now, we will never keep all the top kids here home and we dont need to anymore, mario has earned his stripes everywhere. He started in Miami, went to Rutgers on the east,went to bama in the heart of sec country, went to oregon out west his scope is wide.

Our fanbase is new to this level so they still getting mad about kids leaving when its a regular thing with the National power houses.

This is a good point but I wonder if the optics of kids playing games exist on their space. I know one thing, GA high school coaches are not happy with Kirby going national. But if you wanna win you have go everywhere. Our state is a little different because of the sheer numbers we produce every year. And also it is nothing new that some of our best all time players were not from SO FL or even the state at all.
You only see the games our kids play bro, we just seen a crazy commitment video from a kid that committed to Georgia from NC…Its what kids have always done bro dont get caught up in it or you’ll find yourself bashing kids.

And with Florida being rich with football talent comes more teams coming here to take it. So we’re in a different situation than almost everywhere else besides a view states. Its not just kids here playing,these games are being played all around the country. I advise yall to take your emotions out of recruiting man lol especially now when we got a real program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back