2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't think there's anything wrong with a WR Miami's recruiting taking his time to see what this offense has to offer for that position. He's obviously listening to McClendon so there's only one way to prove him wrong.

For those mentioning that receivers have a good reason to wait and see what our offense actually looks like. I'll counter that if Jean does commit to UiF that he could be a flip candidate once he sees what G5 Billy's team looks like. Can't see how they're going to have a good season in Hogtown my dislike of them aside.

Advertisement
Facts:

Kirby smart and Billy Napier ran ball more than Mario last year, and that is with Anthony Brown at QB for Mario.
Yeah but Josh Gattis ran the ball more often at Michigan last year than either Georgia or ULL

Although, yes the sentiment that maybe Georgia and Florida aren’t the places to play if you want a pass happy offense is correct.

For those mentioning that receivers have a good reason to wait and see what our offense actually looks like. I'll counter that if Jean does commit to UiF that he could be a flip candidate once he sees what G5 Billy's team looks like. Can't see how they're going to have a good season in Hogtown my dislike of them aside.

Yep and I’ll also add that even though AR15 is very talented, he’s still a suspect passer and prep QBs aren’t exactly beating down their door to play there.

Yeah but Josh Gattis ran the ball more often at Michigan last year than either Georgia or ULL

Although, yes the sentiment that maybe Georgia and Florida aren’t the places to play if you want a pass happy offense is correct.

And also UGA was beating everyone by 800 points.

Bama runs the ball often as well, correct?

How about we show some consistency on offense and win some games. Develop players and get them NFL ready.

The formula isnt really breathtaking, but it is easier said than done. I think we are in a position to start doing that, and these conversations about recruits will change.

Advertisement

How about we show some consistency on offense and win some games. Develop players and get them NFL ready.

The formula isnt really breathtaking, but it is easier said than done. I think we are in a position to start doing that, and these conversations about recruits will change.
Not last year, they didn’t. Alabama was 30th in pass play percentage last year.

I mean it’s all relative because like 75% of the teams run more than pass in college football but every NFL team passes more than they run.

The bottom line is, if Jean actually wants to play in a more pass happy system, Georgia and Florida ain’t it.

So who did UF develop

I don't blame a WR for waiting to see what our offense will look like.

Currently, going to Bama or Ohio State as a WR is completely understandable.

But if they commit to UGA, UF, or A&M, or a school like that, then it's not because they were concerned their role in our ur offense.

Advertisement

Yes so understand if a WR is looking at Ohio State, Alabama, Southern Cal...but not UGA, UF, Texas 8&4.

Advertisement
Under this coaching staff we will no longer be a pass happy offense. Get use to running the ball which controls the clock and wins games.

So who did UF develop
Not that Napier was coaching there but as a school they can and will def resort to throwing out names like Kadarius Toney and Van Jefferson. Jefferson made plays in the playoffs and won a Super Bowl. It's more recent success at WR than Gattis/Mario and Miami have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back