2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds vs. Ghandi insider showdown.
Resized_0c4e7f42-21d8-4c55-be0a-911fc7448ae7_362572386885177.gif

Advertisement
Brown and Williams should’ve never been on the board to begin with. One kid (Williams) was speed walking to the exit before Cristobal caught him and got a chance to talk to him. Brown (thru his Dad) was never coming here either.

Jean is a young kid who needs some guidance in his life. He’s buying everything McClendon is selling him and then some. Jean won’t go to UGA, but if McClendon keeps poisoning the well he won’t be coming here either.
Trolls smell. You smell really bad.

The argument being negative put in his ear is how he will be used in Gatis/Mario offense.

I'm comparing Michigan WR production vs. the supposed other 2 candidates vying for his services.

Their WR production at UGA/TAmU is less than what Oregon and Michigan put on the field last year. Facts.

If this was about THE PRE-MARIO state of program then we wouldn't win any of these battles lol.
fixed it for you

:)

Brown and Williams should’ve never been on the board to begin with. One kid (Williams) was speed walking to the exit before Cristobal caught him and got a chance to talk to him. Brown (thru his Dad) was never coming here either.

Jean is a young kid who needs some guidance in his life. He’s buying everything McClendon is selling him and then some. Jean won’t go to UGA, but if McClendon keeps poisoning the well he won’t be coming here either.

I'm sorry Ghandi, but I've decided to dox you.

Fellow Canes, here's what Ghandi looks like:

ResizedP_15f1728c-9495-4114-a960-824caad60435_363197748101553.gif

...and where Ghandi lives:

"It’s said that mountain trolls live in the stony structures of the road and can be seen from time to time." This is "what make places like Trollstigen so fascinating to travellers from all over the world."

He came out slinging it in the spring game.

It’s all on Mario. As long as he doesn’t demand being too conservative, Gattis will air it out.

The great thing about Gattis is he doesn’t randomly select plays and he doesn’t hang his quarterback out to dry chasing the deep ball.

The run and pass game will be synchronized together to put immense pressure on the defense at all levels. Gattis will call plays based on where the safety is. TVD gives him the freedom to call more deep strikes.

This offense will be amazing as long as Mario doesn’t force Gattis to run on 1st and 2nd down when it isn’t working. I don’t think he will.

What we won’t see is the same run play called over and over, quarterbacks getting sacked looking at the backs of receivers, low percentage throws with no offensive rhythm, and the abandonment of the middle of the field. These are the things that have killed our offense and Gattis doesn’t do them.
It’s literally got nothing to do with run/pass ratio. Most college teams run more than they pass. Miami ran the ball more than they passed in 2020. It’s the way the passing game is designed. An offense should stretch the field vertically AND horizontally. If your playbook doesn’t feature throws outside the hashes and your only deep routes are specifically called for deep passes, you’re just making it easier for the defense. What I’ve seen from Gattis’ passing game at Michigan and during the spring game was a system designed for a quarterback who can’t make all the throws. To put it in relatable terms, his offense looks like Andy Ried’s offense with Alex Smith when it should look more like Reid’s offense with Patrick Maholmes. It looked clunky in the spring game and everything more than five yards downfield looked forced. Now, I’m willing to chalk the Michigan stuff up to a couple of factors. Mostly Jim Harbaugh’s preferences and a noodle armed quarterback. And I’ll write the spring game offense off as a new system being as vanilla as it possibly could. So I’m not going to get overly concerned until the games actually start but you have to understand why receivers might be hesitant to sign up for this system. Especially if they’re guys who do most of their work on the outside.

Advertisement
It’s great to have an advantage at the skill positions as long as your offense isn’t tailored around having the advantage on the line. Imagine Wisconsin dumping the power rushing game and going full on Mike Leach Air Raid. It would be offensive suicide.

I’m sorry. I just have PTSD from yelling at our offensive coordinators to open up our offense from 2003-2019 and I’m (probably unjustifiably) worried we’re going right back to that.

You and me both. I also lost my voice.

It’s literally got nothing to do with run/pass ratio. Most college teams run more than they pass. Miami ran the ball more than they passed in 2020. It’s the way the passing game is designed. An offense should stretch the field vertically AND horizontally. If your playbook doesn’t feature throws outside the hashes and your only deep routes are specifically called for deep passes, you’re just making it easier for the defense. What I’ve seen from Gattis’ passing game at Michigan and during the spring game was a system designed for a quarterback who can’t make all the throws. To put it in relatable terms, his offense looks like Andy Ried’s offense with Alex Smith when it should look more like Reid’s offense with Patrick Maholmes. It looked clunky in the spring game and everything more than five yards downfield looked forced. Now, I’m willing to chalk the Michigan stuff up to a couple of factors. Mostly Jim Harbaugh’s preferences and a noodle armed quarterback. And I’ll write the spring game offense off as a new system being as vanilla as it possibly could. So I’m not going to get overly concerned until the games actually start but you have to understand why receivers might be hesitant to sign up for this system. Especially if they’re guys who do most of their work on the outside.

When I compare Michigan’s 2021 offense to Bama’s offense in 2018, it’s nearly a mirror image scheme wise. Bama’s receivers put up excellent numbers running all the same stuff. Zone blocking, pulling linemen, swings to the back, jet motion, end around, short passes to the outside. They ran all the same things.

That offense looked a lot different with Tua running it as opposed to McNamara. If the receivers don’t produce, it will be because of execution, not strategy.

When I compare Michigan’s 2021 offense to Bama’s offense in 2018, it’s nearly a mirror image scheme wise. Bama’s receivers put up excellent numbers running all the same stuff. Zone blocking, pulling linemen, swings to the back, jet motion, end around, short passes to the outside. They ran all the same things.

That offense looked a lot different with Tua running it as opposed to McNamara. If the receivers don’t produce, it will be because of execution, not strategy.

Ding ding ding! As I've been posting over and over, we are going to get a tweaked version of the Bama offense. Which shouldn't surprise anyone as Mario and Gattis went to the 'ship while on the offensive staffs at Bama with it.

Advertisement
Andy Jean and William Fowles me to close out wr recruiting.

My man Fowles is 6'2 210-215 right now.

I love the ****ey kid but that would be a tough pull...i like Rashada's wr as well. But im not expecting Hykeem Williams, and wasnt a big fan of Brown.

Jean and Fowles...for an all dade county group

I love the ****ey kid but that would be a tough pull...i like Rashada's wr as well. But im not expecting Hykeem Williams, and wasnt a big fan of Brown.

To be honest I’d be perfectly fine with that group…

More than enough talent to produce and keep us going in the right direction… Gattis proves he can put a WR into some Rambo like production no doubt we snag even higher rated ‘24 class guys.

Jean and fowles are easier work to no drama put the pressure on and u got em. Was happy we didn’t land brown lowkey. I wanna punch it out with uga for cottrell

Jean and fowles are easier work to no drama put the pressure on and u got em. Was happy we didn’t land brown lowkey. I wanna punch it out with uga for cottrell
I wouldn’t mind Cottrell either over Fowles… plus the perception of the flip from Jawja is nice

Advertisement

Mario is built for tough pulls and with his 2 top local WRs on board and a lot of time till NSD, I’d imagine he’ll put in the work and be patient to get everything he wants

Is there a concern with Jean? He seems to check all the boxes with his height, weight, speed, hands and route running. Plus, playing for a traditional power in Northwestern who have exceptional history with UM.

Advertisement
Is there a concern with Jean? He seems to check all the boxes with his height, weight, speed, hands and route running. Plus, playing for a traditional power in Northwestern who have exceptional history with UM.
He was already a take and decommitted.

No

More along the lines of a Joe Moorehead style, with less QB runs
And this is why it’s very fair for WRs to have reservations about Mario and Gattis and why I and many others have reservations as well. If we look like a Moorhead offense many people will be pulling their hair out by seasons end.

We will find out soon enough though and hopefully someone on the outside steps up to quell some fears about WR targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back