2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It comes down to a matter of selling your system & your coaching, that’s what coaches have to do on the trail.

This right here!!!!

I don't know why it should be hard to sell this system to any top WR. Multiple TEs keeps LBs on the field. A solid running game keeps a S in the box.

If you can create separation, you will EAT! Especially with guys like Ray Ray and Robby on the field, our X should **** near be by himself with one cb and no help in sight.

Last edited:
Even tho I like different style of offenses there are alot of stuff to like about what gattis does. You can tell he’s not just calling plays for the **** of it, can tell he’s a smart guy and has a plan week to week. I think it will take time but the offense will be good enough to win for sure

Even tho I like different style of offenses there are alot of stuff to like about what gattis does. You can tell he’s not just calling plays for the **** of it, can tell he’s a smart guy and has a plan week to week. I think it will take time but the offense will be good enough to win for sure
Going to be cool to not run into our guards for a 3 yard loss on a dive play on 3rd down

Advertisement
It’s a TE centric offense, that’s why they have questions, it’s not an offense that has high volume targets to the perimeter. It’s an Inside-Out Offense that designed to get the ball to the TE & the Slot, not so much the X & Z.

The only way to dispel that will come in September, but until then some WR’s might have questions to ask.

I don’t think it’s fair to just simply say they’re Divas if they have questions/concerns, if the only evidence they have to go off of is Michigan film. If you’re a WR that wants to get targets, watching Michigan’s offense from last year isn’t necessarily gonna excite you... It would if you’re a TE, hence the 3 TE commits we already got, but unfortunately that’s just something the Offense will have to show on the field before some WR prospects buy in.

Seeing is believing & they haven’t been able to see it yet; but luckily time is on our side.

Even with the underwhelming McNamara throwing the ball, Michigan’s top two receivers were wide outs. TVD can help put these silly notions to bed. Everyone can eat in this offense.
No they weren’t. Their second leading receiver was a tight end. They only had one wide receiver with more than 25 catches.

Advertisement
Posted on his social media he is announcing a Top 5 on July 9th
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Michigan average 35.8 points per game last year.
Miami averaged 34.1 points per game

What exactly are we worried about? That because we have a great OC, and better personnel than Michigan had, we will score too many points?
My concern is that it literally took having the best offensive line in the entire country for Michigan’s offense to produce. I know we’ll be improved up front but I don’t like the fact that you NEED a dominant offensive line for your offense to work. We do NOT have better personnel than they did on the line.

My concern is that it literally took having the best offensive line in the entire country for Michigan’s offense to produce. I know we’ll be improved up front but I don’t like the fact that you NEED a dominant offensive line for your offense to work. We do NOT have better personnel than they did on the line.
Agreed. Michigan had the line and good RB’s and TE’s.
We have a better QB, as good TE’s, as good RB’s, and better WR’s.
Its probably a wash until our line improves in terms of overall offensive talent.

Advertisement
Agreed. Michigan had the line and good RB’s and TE’s.
We have a better QB, as good TE’s, as good RB’s, and better WR’s.
Its probably a wash until our line improves in terms of overall offensive talent.
If Gattis tailors the offense to the talent we have, it can be explosive. If he tries to run Michigan’s offense with our players, it will flop.

Eh, I think we have a more talented TE and QB room for sure. I know their double-headed monster of Haskins and Corum at RB was deadly, but our stable of guys are more explosive, and I'd take our RB room over theirs.

WRs it's closer, I'll still lean our guys in terms of skillset and ability, but again it's all based on a lot of players stepping up and improving substantially from year 1 to year 2. If half of them hit the production we expect, we'll be good.

I'll absolutely give you o-line, although I expect our unit to be more than serviceable this season.

Eh, I think we have a more talented TE and QB room for sure. I know their double-headed monster of Haskins and Corum at RB was deadly, but our stable of guys are more explosive, and I'd take our RB room over theirs.

WRs it's tough, I'll still lean our guys in terms of skillset and ability, but again it's all based on a lot of players stepping up and improving substantially from year 1 to year 2.

I'll absolutely give you o-line, although I expect our unit to be more than serviceable this season.
It’s great to have an advantage at the skill positions as long as your offense isn’t tailored around having the advantage on the line. Imagine Wisconsin dumping the power rushing game and going full on Mike Leach Air Raid. It would be offensive suicide.

I’m sorry. I just have PTSD from yelling at our offensive coordinators to open up our offense from 2003-2019 and I’m (probably unjustifiably) worried we’re going right back to that.

Advertisement
No they weren’t. Their second leading receiver was a tight end. They only had one wide receiver with more than 25 catches.

WR Cornelius Johnson 40 rec 627 yds
TE Erick All 38 rec 438 yds
WR. Roman Wilson. 25 rec. 420 yds
WR Mike Sainristil. 21 rec. 305 yds

3 of their 4 top receivers were wideouts.

The limiting factor in Michigan’s offense was McNamara’s ability to hit receivers downfield.

If our receivers produce, teams won’t be able to negatively recruit us for wide receivers. They have opportunities to eat and the stress it puts at every level brings more big play opportunities.

Teams get to use the illusion of Gattis’ offense isn’t wide receiver friendly because his quarterback was trash. After the season, that narrative will be exposed for the myth it is.

If Gattis tailors the offense to the talent we have, it can be explosive. If he tries to run Michigan’s offense with our players, it will flop.

He came out slinging it in the spring game.

It’s all on Mario. As long as he doesn’t demand being too conservative, Gattis will air it out.

The great thing about Gattis is he doesn’t randomly select plays and he doesn’t hang his quarterback out to dry chasing the deep ball.

The run and pass game will be synchronized together to put immense pressure on the defense at all levels. Gattis will call plays based on where the safety is. TVD gives him the freedom to call more deep strikes.

This offense will be amazing as long as Mario doesn’t force Gattis to run on 1st and 2nd down when it isn’t working. I don’t think he will.

What we won’t see is the same run play called over and over, quarterbacks getting sacked looking at the backs of receivers, low percentage throws with no offensive rhythm, and the abandonment of the middle of the field. These are the things that have killed our offense and Gattis doesn’t do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back