2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The idea is to put forth the best offense you can & accumulate the most talent you can, neglecting to sign a premier WR makes your Offense worse & easier to Defend, because unfortunately it’s not 1995 anymore & you kinda sorta have to throw the ball down the field in order to win in today’s game lol.

Yes it does matter what WR’s are on the team because we’re not Air Force or Army lol

I understand the rationalization, t’s just not realistic to think Miami can win the way yall hope we do while essentially having half the field cut off, it doesn’t work that way. It would be great if we could win without having WR’s lol, but I’m just not sure that’s actually going to materialize into what yall think it will.

I get what you’re trying to say, but the math doesn’t necessarily add up.

We should be fine at WR because we have a really strong recruiting program now, so it’s not something that people have to overreact to the extreme, it’s just a matter of why some WR’s may have questions, that’s all I’m saying.
The season is two months away.We will found out soon if your theory holds up lol

2018 they averaged 45 pts per game
38 rushes for almost 200 per game
29 pass attempts 300 per game

3 RB rotation with Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs and Najee Harris all with lots of touches

4 WR Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith put up numbers.

TE Irv Smith even had 700 yds receiving

That is exactly what Mario wants to run

Ppl need to realize Gattis isn’t going to run 60 times a game. I don’t know where this weird infatuation has come from and why recruits are even listened to that dumbass noise. Gattis offenses put up points. Plan and simple

It’s possible, but it will take some time...

I think they were better suited for the previous offense, so there will be an adjustment period.

I don’t see it with Ladson.

The group of Brinson, George, K Smith, B Smith, Young & Horton has potential to be a good group, we’ll see how they develop & how fast they can get comfortable in the offense.

Restrepo will have the best #’s among the WR’s, he’s the most consistent route runner & the offense is tailored for the Slot.

The TE’s will be the most productive, Arroyo, Mallory & Skinner will thrive.
So do you think this offense is gonna turn into a mark richt type offense

Advertisement
2018 they averaged 45 pts per game
38 rushes for almost 200 per game
29 pass attempts 300 per game

3 RB rotation with Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs and Najee Harris all with lots of touches

4 WR Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith put up numbers.

TE Irv Smith even had 700 yds receiving

That is exactly what Mario wants to run
****… that’s a loaded roster on offense

Slow prodding offense is more of my thoughts brad kayaa esque 2016 season
I’m not sure about our offensive line at all on with scaife at tackle I know Mario is a good coach but I’ve seen that kid get his **** pushed in quite a bit over the years so call me a bit skeptical

Advertisement
No

More along the lines of a Joe Moorehead style, with less QB runs
That’s not special but I do like the drag routes but I would personally like more vertical shots to our wideouts naturally on drives. Not necessarily a thousand cuts to a final kill shot type of deal I want to apply pressure of defensive backs all game and we have the receivers to do it man Brinson and George are guys who can make plays smith to

Gattis had below average QB's most of the time at Michigan. I am hoping we will see an expanded playbook with behind center
I honestly like Mario’s offense with Chaney and knighton as verdell and dye tbh

Advertisement
You just listed stats. I don't believe they ran the power spread.
What is your definition of Power Spread?

If you watch their offence from 2018 - they used power runs out of shotgun, 1 and 2 TE sets (not as much as Gattis). His goal was speed in space, but didn’t have the personnel at Michigan so he switched it up to match their strengths.

TVD will be spreading the ball around to all our weapons. Hopefully we can become more consistent with our short yardage O which doomed us last year on many occasions and killed drives.

That all being so, why, then, do we have to worry about signing that big time X, if it's not something that Gattis relies on? In a Gattis offense, signing the number 1 tight end (check), dynamic slot guys (check) and a stud running back (working on it) are more important than signing the number 1 wide receiver, no?

Missing on Brown, Innis, Hykeem and Jean would not be optimal, optics-wise. But if we are top 15 in the country in points and yards (i.e. Michigan last year) and we go 11-1 - does it matter which wide outs are on the team?
Of course because it’s always good to have options! You always have to stack chips…

What happens when you run into a great defensive-minded coach who knows how to shut down your offense? Or what happens when Gattis leaves?

You me OC better have a backup plan and it’s better to have a great WR to throw to than some scrub taking up space.

Advertisement
If this is the hurdle for top flight receivers, it would seem TVD taking the top off the defenses would be the cure for those receivers

People need to see this offense with a good quarterback.

Even with the underwhelming McNamara throwing the ball, Michigan’s top two receivers were wide outs. TVD can help put these silly notions to bed. Everyone can eat in this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back