2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone relax once he blows out a knee and hurts a shoulder I'm sure we can get him in the portal
Oh look at you now. I ripped you for this post right here and instead of owning up to it and maybe explaining that you were trying to be funny and that it came out wrong, you instead start following me around like a butt hurt bratty child marking all my posts in this thread with the vomit icon like that's going to get to me. Grow up!

Advertisement
Looks like gaytor tears here, Jean went from underrated and should be a 4 star to we dont need him and there are a bunch of others that are better.

For the record, I've never said we don't "need" him, but I've watched this recruiting game for 40 years now, and I don't lose a lot of sleep over kids who (for right or wrong) do not choose Miami, particularly when the reasons are strange (and I'm not going to go into details here).

Kid is good but it made no sense to take him so early. We’re in on Hykeem, Jalen, and Robbie Washington. Those are just the local guys too. I don’t even see us taking more than 3. We have a young and talented room to begin with anyways.

And yet...Mario and Gattis are not completely in agreement with your assessment, and we are probably taking 4.

I mean, if guys stop dropping passes for the rest of spring, maybe the concerns die down. But for now, there is dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know how Miami's WR Board looks, but it's safe to say Innis, Brown, Hykeem and Robby are the top 4. Hard to believe we get all 4. The Edison kid maybe 5 but after that who knows and what OOS WR are options.
Tyler Williams has to be pretty high up, Mario gave a speech up in Lakeland recently with Cormani in mind but I'd bet he was sending a message to Williams too.

I don’t disagree as I think I understand that you purposely are painting with a broad brush but we 100% need the right WRs. We haven’t had a dominant one that really put fear in an opposing defense in a minute.
I understand what you’re saying but can you really tell me a WR in the past 10 years that individually put “fear” in the opposing defense? WRs, to me, is a plug n play position. 3 star or 5 star… long as they have speed and can catch… we’re good. Also, I think we haven’t had a QB a long time that’s why Miami haven’t seen a dominant WR. Richards was good but limited by Rosier.

Advertisement

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

Big loss IMO. Very underrated kid. Hopefully we sort this.
I understand what you’re saying but can you really tell me a WR in the past 10 years that individually put “fear” in the opposing defense? WRs, to me, is a plug n play position. 3 star or 5 star… long as they have speed and can catch… we’re good. Also, I think we haven’t had a QB a long time that’s why Miami haven’t seen a dominant WR. Richards was good but limited by Rosier.
LOL are you serious? They are plug and play at bama when you have 4 first rounders maybe.

He is a good receiver whether he came here or not. If our coaches have people on their board thats higher then its their call. Im not gonna trash him. Very deep group this year. And it seems they want some big bodies too as they are after Tyler Williams from Lakeland hard as well.

I'll bet we come back around to him later in the Fall if things aren't looking good for the top of the WR board. If he's still available, then great..if he's not, I'm sure there will be other comparable prospects still looking around.

Advertisement
The SEC talk got to him. Someone close to him said he wants to play against the best and best plays in the SEC. Kid is good enough. If Marcus Rosemy can play at UGA, who I didn’t think was that good, then Andy Jean can definitely stack up.
If your a WR recruit and go to UGA after Jermaine Burton got the **** out of there and went to the in conference rival to get more touches...then good riddance. Lol. No love lost but see you in the portal in 2 years.

If your a WR recruit and go to UGA after Jermaine Burton got the **** out of there and went to the in conference rival to get more touches...then good riddance. Lol. No love lost but see you in the portal in 2 years.

Let's not forget, the same guy who is giving recruits false information about how Miami is going to run the ball 24-7 (B-Mac) is also telling recruits about how UGa is going to pass the ball 24-7.

The reality is that both schools will be close to 50-50. Plus UM has better downfield passers.

But recruits are only going to hear what they want to hear.

Advertisement
And his other reportedly high interest school Texas 8&4, a team with a 1992 offense. Jean may either be really naive or just not too bright if he thinks Miami will run than a Kirby or Jimbo team.

Bama doesn’t win without Amari in 2013. Clemson, Bama, tOSO, LSU, and OU have had individual guys that would make plays when absolutely needed. As you said the last guy we had like that was AR, he absolutely changed the complexion of our offense even with Rosier at the helm. It opened things up for the other players on offense.

Now where I will agree with you, is I’d rather get the trenches, QB and CB right before anything else but I just don’t believe that just plugging and playing whatever at WR gets the job done.

I'm not surprised but this sucks. I really liked Jean and he grew on me more and more. A lot of people compared Jean to Cooper, guess what Cooper did as a Freshman at Bama? 59/1000/11... ****. I know the 23 class is loaded but who do you really feel great about being Canes? Jalen Brown and that is about it right now. Inniss = USC, Keem = feels like UM lean but every school is after him, Robby = new top 3 every month, etc.

Anyway, I'm not worried or anything, just liked Jean a lot as a prospect and hope he comes back home soon!

[Deleted by Maude’s. Appreciate the information but please summarize points. Please do not cut and paste entire articles from other websites. It exposes CIS to a potential copyright problem.]

From Ivins tonight:

TAMU, UGA, UF, AUB and UCF mentioned, key Miami part:

"I want my mom to be involved during my recruitment," Jean told 247Sports via text. "I had a sit down with [his parents] and they wasn’t happy with my decision because I made a decision without them being there ... Miami is still my top school and my mom wants me to travel and see what other schools have to offer."

It should also be noted that some inside Jean's camp believe that the Hurricanes shouldn't be written off just yet and that there's a very good chance Jean is going to visit Miami again and possibly even this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back