2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
But speed is speed because you have football players who have and had elite speed. Anthony Schwartz who went to Auburn had elite speed. For football my opinion of elite speed is 10.5. Simply because of the mass they usually have to carry to play.
I think we saying the same thing.. If I see a recorded time from a junior player running a 10.8 Im projecting out with natural growth and practice he will lower that time by the time he is on campus.. he already got the talent.. Im not taking the word of no corch tho especially how them city boys get hyped up.. get on the track and line up.. Lol..

Advertisement
These man don't know speed. Ima track guy. I was on Jamaica Junior team with Bolt. Different events. But being from there and around that. You seen raw speed in high school. Bolt ran 20.61 as a 15 year old Junior athlete to win the World Junior title, which is under 20.

Florida has also produced sime ridiculously fast players. Don't know if yall remember Xavier Carter from Palm Bay who went to LSU when Saban was there, ran 19.6 in a race Bolt got 4th in 07. Ridiculously fast in high school before that. Ran 10.29 and 20.49. Long story short, 10.8 is not elite speed.

Yeah those are crazy numbers. Obviously elite and best in world speed at that age type stuff. I think the "elite" group can be a little more broad and would agree with you that 10.5 and sub is pretty **** elite. 10.8 is plenty fast for a college WR however, to me the "elite" word is just thrown around too much.

Advertisement
I think its how guys look at it.. for a junior "FOOTBALL PLAYER" who runs track for fun, that is legit speed..with focus he would be down in 10.5 or better range by time he enrolls, high level on football field..

For true track runner 10.8 is run of mill, for someone in jamaican track culture which is on high level.. its different.. he a football player running track, not a track runner..
Thank you

Advertisement
Have you seen Washington play, or at least his film? Kid should be a top priority (past issues with his momma aside). We haven’t had a dude with his speed and ability in eons.

In my opinion, he is as much of a “must get” as any of the other guys on our board. Even if we have to bring him in as an athlete, I hope that Mario is prioritizing him.
I agree. The fact that 247 had 199 players ranked higher than him is a joke. Washington is as good as any of the higher ranked guys Inniss, Brown and Williams IMO. While I think Williams has the highest ceiling and Inniss is clearly the most polished as of right now. Brown is a freak athlete and Washington is an even better athlete… Crazy to think how loaded it is at WR this year.

Like I said in some other threads. Lot of people were sleeping on Andy Jean. There was a couple reasons why I was bringing him up. He is no **** 3 star, I’ll tell you that 😂. But that will be corrected soon.
He will get a big bump in the rankings his Senior year. He’s def a 4* player.

These man don't know speed. Ima track guy. I was on Jamaica Junior team with Bolt. Different events. But being from there and around that. You seen raw speed in high school. Bolt ran 20.61 as a 15 year old Junior athlete to win the World Junior title, which is under 20.

Florida has also produced sime ridiculously fast players. Don't know if yall remember Xavier Carter from Palm Bay who went to LSU when Saban was there, ran 19.6 in a race Bolt got 4th in 07. Ridiculously fast in high school before that. Ran 10.29 and 20.49. Long story short, 10.8 is not elite speed.
Xavier Carter was in the same recruiting class as Ted Ginn Jr right? Didn’t Ginn have some type of insane 100m time in high school too. Sub 10.5 I think. Not as fast as Carter but still crazy. Back on topic though 10.8 for a HS Junior is plenty fast enough. He will only get faster in college.

Advertisement
Footballville just posted a clip on YouTube interviewing him and Seymour said Mario called him when he got down here and told him his offer still stands.

Seymour hadn’t heard from Gattis yet as of this past weekend. So we’ll know once the dead period is lifted again, if he’s not on campus that’ll give us the answer. I think he’s gone be processed out the WR class is loaded

77CE216A-F07B-47A6-BDE2-3AED8F3F8615.jpeg

1000% UM 🧡💚🙌🏿

Seymour hadn’t heard from Gattis yet as of this past weekend. So we’ll know once the dead period is lifted again, if he’s not on campus that’ll give us the answer. I think he’s gone be processed out the WR class is loaded
Oh that's interesting.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back