2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Aged like a fine wine.

Sure, if you want to take what I said totally out of context and think that earns you cool points here. You must actually think he would have committed to Likens and played for Diaz. That wasn't going to happen. A previous poster said he couldn't believe the previous staff didn't prioritize Jean. Jean had made it abundantly clear he wasn’t interested in the program with Diaz running the show. Since Diaz assumed he would be coaching next year, it made sense to tell his staff to move on to other recruits that had interest in UM. The exception that rule is for absolutely top tier 5 star recruits. A coach should continue pursuing those program changers until he signs on the dotted line with a school. Jean is good, but Likens could find other WRs with as much talent that were still interested in UM.

With a coaching change, it was worth reaching back out to recruits that had distanced themselves. And it worked out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. When there are that many top level players locally at the position you load up. That class of receivers isn’t coming around every year.

We only took one guy this cycle too. And dropped Ibieta. I think we were among sure we had room for a big 2023 WR class.

I didn’t want to sound like a homer with the Amari Cooper comparison, but that is what you hear from Northwestern people.

The modern WR is about work ethic and route running. Look at the best receivers in the NFL and the best guys out of South Florida. Jean has all the tools to separate.
Yeah its unfair to the young man for a coach to make a comparison to a 1st round pick. Even if some of the physical talent is similar.

Advertisement
Interesting that he committed after BMac interviewed at Georgia and this kid said that Georgia was his dream school.

With that said, really hope this dude is still a Cane come signing day.
Maybe B Mac told him what to expect as a wr at Ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back