Andrew Suarez

BP Joe

Recruit
He's quietly helping SF climb back into the NL West race while Cueto is out - 2.85 ERA over five starts in June.

I hated that his last start for us was that blowout loss to UF in Omaha.

Advertisement
Pleasantly surprised that he's doing well in MLB. I was generally underwhelmed by him at Miami.

Pleasantly surprised that he's doing well in MLB. I was generally underwhelmed by him at Miami.

15 - 5 and a K/BB ratio of nearly 5 - 1 his last two years, and returning for his last year of eligibility and improving his draft position significantly. Without him, we probably don't get to Omaha in '15.

I'll take underwhelming starters like him all day long.

Advertisement
Suarez was typical of the pitching we've had for the last decade. Blow through Georgia Tech, FIU and Virginia Commonwealth, then get knocked around the park by Florida.

15 - 5 and a K/BB ratio of nearly 5 - 1 his last two years, and returning for his last year of eligibility and improving his draft position significantly. Without him, we probably don't get to Omaha in '15.

I'll take underwhelming starters like him all day long.

Wasn't he a second round pick and came back and was a second round pick?

Wasn't he a second round pick and came back and was a second round pick?

Ya, I missed that. Even more impressive that he decided to return for his final year (even in '15, that position had to be worth mid six figures, wasn't it?).

I doubt many of our former players returned for their fourth year when being drafted that high as a junior.

He turned down the Nationals in '14 because they wanted him to play third base. He preferred to remain a pitcher.

Advertisement
He turned down the Nationals in '14 because they wanted him to play third base. He preferred to remain a pitcher.

I didn't realize that. Was Morris opposed to his starting pitchers playing everyday?

Admittedly, it doesn't seem to be done much anymore (it's usually relievers from what I have seen). But, Randy Guerra did it pretty well for us back in the day.

Advertisement
Back