Andrew Depaepe - DE

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Donald Duck Feels Good Man GIF

Do schools make it known how much NIL money they are willing to spend on a player/position? Is this an open market where everyone knows everyone else’s number? Schools know other schools’ numbers, player’s know school XX needs a D-tackle and is willing to put up 200k in NIL money for whomever wants to audition for the spot? Is it just a Free market?

Advertisement
Do schools make it known how much NIL money they are willing to spend on a player/position? Is this an open market where everyone knows everyone else’s number? Schools know other schools’ numbers, player’s know school XX needs a D-tackle and is willing to put up 200k in NIL money for whomever wants to audition for the spot? Is it just a Free market?
Id say Like zero chance of that considering the schools dont offer the NIL deals. Unless im totally missing it there Nil deals have to come from out side sources which the schools only make sure they dont break any kind of rules. Didnt Ruiz say he made like 200 mil off the Nil deals so far because of the way he uses them. Has zero to do with the school. Wasn't this his whole message he had on that ESPN show he was on. He totally explained how they are using them and how it benefits the kids because they are actually promoting his product. Which again is the whole purpose of NIL to begin with. If im wrong on this ill just go crawl under my rock as I usually don't get involved in convos like these.

Advertisement
Id say Like zero chance of that considering the schools dont offer the NIL deals. Unless im totally missing it there Nil deals have to come from out side sources which the schools only make sure they dont break any kind of rules. Didnt Ruiz say he made like 200 mil off the Nil deals so far because of the way he uses them. Has zero to do with the school. Wasn't this his whole message he had on that ESPN show he was on. He totally explained how they are using them and how it benefits the kids because they are actually promoting his product. Which again is the whole purpose of NIL to begin with. If im wrong on this ill just go crawl under my rock as I usually don't get involved in convos like these.
I should have been more specific. You are correct that the schools aren’t directly involved with NIL. But I am confident that the NIL providers are told by the coach or someone on staff what the monetary value is of a specific player. Some school is setting the market price and once that price is set by the first school, the other schools have to decide if they (through their NIL boosters/businesses/collectives), will match or exceed that price

I'm assuming when they talk to the kid the kid reveals it. That's business. They are always going to want better offers.

Advertisement
Back