Andrew Beck

I think this a position that we haven't really addressed much on the boards. With Daub to FSU (never really a serious contender for him, so suck it) and now Beck not to Miami, where do we stand on inside linebacker recruiting? I still am not sure exactly what kind of inside backer our defense is looking for; we need tall, athletic rangy guys to cover their drops in zone BUT they also have to take on a lot of interior linemen in run support. Do we keep recruiting the more athletic outside linebackers and put weight on them to play the middle OR are there some interior backers out there we're looking at?

Our depth chart moving forward is kind of thin in the middle. We lose Gaines this year and Kirby will be a junior next year. Blue will be a redshirt sophomore in 2014, but we have no one after that. I don't want Perryman in the middle for next year either because I think he is a difference maker on the outside. What do ya'll think? Are there any prospects for this cycle that we haven't really discussed? I'm just trying to figure out who to cyber-stock next.

Advertisement
Just seems like a down year for linebackers.

Hopefully they can find some under the radar guys like Figueroa.

Looks like the only "Morgan/McCarthy" left on the board is Dillon Bates...

F*ck off Andrew Beck and Troy Reeder for ****ing up my caucasion LB dreams... We get one whiteboy to knock someone **** in the dirt and we back!!!!!

Bates will be a Gator or VOL mark it down. UM will be 0 for 4 on bad *** white linebackers for the class of 2014, No Beck, Reeder, Hubbard, and definitely not Bates. Time to beat the bushes for a Plan C kid ( no pun intended).

Go Canes!

Jamie Newberg ‏@JamieNewberg 1m
TPA Plant LB Andrew Beck will make his commitment tomorrow night 4-9 at 7 offers from #canes #fsu #usf #stanford #rutgers #bc other
Possibly another commit?
He just had unofficial to Stanford on the 5th. Sounds like Stanford to me?

F*ck off Andrew Beck and Troy Reeder for ****ing up my caucasion LB dreams... We get one whiteboy to knock someone **** in the dirt and we back!!!!!

Bates will be a Gator or VOL mark it down. UM will be 0 for 4 on bad *** white linebackers for the class of 2014, No Beck, Reeder, Hubbard, and definitely not Bates. Time to beat the bushes for a Plan C kid ( no pun intended).

Go Canes!

How the **** is that a pun?

Advertisement
Linebacker is one position I am probably least worried about with this staff. In three years they have discovered Eddie Johnson, Gabe Terry and Alex Figueroa, all of whom I love and all of whom no one else wanted.

Advertisement

Go Canes!

How the **** is that a pun?

Plan "C" for Caucasian.

Advertisement
Wow surprised he didn't commit to Stanford. Anyways, hope UM continues to recruit him if he decides he's interested eventually.

Did Texas change their recruiting strategy? Never see them in Florida.

Especially for a 3 star LOL

I guess their recent struggles called for something new. I do know they offered Duke which I thought was rare at time. Texas usually only left the state for cream of the crop.

Advertisement

He's an Army brat. During his formative years, hid dad was stationed at Ft. Hood in Killeen, Texas. About an hour and a half north of Austin. He grew up a Long Horn fan with his dad. It was all over as soon as he got an offer fro the horns

Especially for a 3 star LOL

I guess their recent struggles called for something new. I do know they offered Duke which I thought was rare at time. Texas usually only left the state for cream of the crop.

I think Texas had a commitment from one of the QBs who eventually signed with UF. I don't remember which one. Was it Brantley?

Advertisement
Back