Andrew Beck

Did Texas change their recruiting strategy? Never see them in Florida.

Especially for a 3 star LOL

I guess their recent struggles called for something new. I do know they offered Duke which I thought was rare at time. Texas usually only left the state for cream of the crop.

I think Texas had a commitment from one of the QBs who eventually signed with UF. I don't remember which one. Was it Brantley?

EDIT: Yes, it was Brantley. Here's the paragraph from Brantley's wikipedia:

Recruiting process

After a trip to Austin to see the University of Texas, Brantley committed to the Longhorns. In a later interview with FloridaFB.com, Brantley reiterated his commitment to Texas, stating that he felt it was "a real special thing to be headed out there [Texas]."
The other schools on Brantley's shortlist included Alabama, Louisville, Oklahoma and Florida.[3]
In December 2006, Rivals.com reported that Brantley would de-commit from Texas to follow in the footsteps of his uncle at the University of Florida. He later signed his letter of intent, and enrolled in Gainesville in 2007.

Advertisement
Eventually we'll get a white LB....don't give up hope. Our 2001 team did not have a white LB. (It did have a white TE, though, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn for that Rose Bowl game.)

UM offered a white LB from PA that is fast as ****, and mean as ****, only thing is PITt is his leader and OSU is his dream school both have offered so lets see what happens.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back