Andre Johnson..

I disagree orange and green googles aside. I don't believe he had a hall of fame type of career. Yes, he was good but not great.

Advertisement
I disagree orange and green googles aside. I don't believe he had a hall of fame type of career. Yes, he was good but not great.

Look at his numbers, then look at his QBs. After that look at the other Hall of fame WRs and look at their QBs.

All time NFL eight for receptions and 9th for yardage
You have to be deaf dumb and blind or high not to be able to see he's going to the hall

Advertisement
TO was second or third in many categories and did not get in yet. It will take a long time or Dre Johnson to get in. Reggie Wayne will have a hard time with Marvin Harrison, Bruce and Holt, Hines Ward, Megaton, and of course Randy Moss coming up. Tim Brown of all people had to wait. Johnson did not have one season with double digit TD's. I doubt the Hall cares about his lack of QB's. No Super Bowl appearances. Hurt several years. He did his thing in a vacuum.

i would love to see him get one more playoff run, he missed the playoffs so much on ****** houston teams i think he deserves one shot to try for a ring while he is still semi productive

but if he cannot make the rotation and be productive on his new team he should just hang it up

either way hes an all time NFL great, and the best cane WR since 88 (or 47 for us)

Advertisement
AJ was in Tampa today working out at Cooper strength training off Waters Ave. My son's on Spring break & thinks NFL guys are in there early in the day. He was working w/ Chickillo, Maurice Hagens, Kevin Pamphile( Bucs), TE from Raiders. Chick had fastest 10 yd times of the group.

What? The guy was viewed as the best wr in the game for a large portion of his career . Do you even watch the NFL?

Last edited:
TO was second or third in many categories and did not get in yet. It will take a long time or Dre Johnson to get in. Reggie Wayne will have a hard time with Marvin Harrison, Bruce and Holt, Hines Ward, Megaton, and of course Randy Moss coming up. Tim Brown of all people had to wait. Johnson did not have one season with double digit TD's. I doubt the Hall cares about his lack of QB's. No Super Bowl appearances. Hurt several years. He did his thing in a vacuum.
TO not making the Hall had nothing to do with stats, and Dre was better than Bruce, Holt, and Ward.

Advertisement
TO not making the Hall had nothing to do with stats, and Dre was better than Bruce, Holt, and Ward.
I'll give you Bruce and holt but Hines Ward played with a lot of ****** to average QB's during his run, I think you should give Hines a little more credit

WR's generally aren't first ballot, but AJ, Megatron, and Reggie should all get in their 3rd or 4th time around. The last 1st ballot was Jerry Rice.

Advertisement

Look at his numbers, then look at his QBs. After that look at the other Hall of fame WRs and look at their QBs.
Matt Schaub's a 2x pro bowler...

But alot of pro bowlers are not really......all the super bowl players have to be replaced....then the guys that are "hurt" have to be replaced. There were 131 "Pro Bowl" players this year. You also need to realize Matt Schaub was an alternate 1 of those years.

WR's generally aren't first ballot, but AJ, Megatron, and Reggie should all get in their 3rd or 4th time around. The last 1st ballot was Jerry Rice.

megatron is a first ballot

but AJ will probably have to wait a time or two

I'm in the Toledo/Detroit area and with my Lion goggles on in full effect (Poor me I know) I have to disagree. Even the local sports media think he is second/third/fourth ballot. A lot of people don't actually think he will get in at all. The argument against him is that since he only played 9 years, his total stats don't measure up to the greats.

Receiving Yards: 27th (Andre is 9, Reggie is 8,Tim Brown is 6)
Receiving TD's: 22nd (Andre is 41, Reggie is 23, Tim Brown is 8)
Career Receptions: 43rd (Andre is 8, Reggie is 7, Tim Brown is 5)

As a reference point - The last 1st Ballot WR (granted he was the greatest) was Jerry Rice. He is the all-time leader in all three of those categories.

On the other side if you adjust those numbers to a 15-16 year career, Calvin is a no brainer. He was the best receiver in the league for a number of years, and arguably the best non-QB in the league for a couple.

I personally hope he gets in. He was electric to watch, and physically superior to everyone on the field. Go Lions! (I know, poor me)

Advertisement
Back