and you wonder why?!

Gets mad at teams for bagmen...UM just had 3 year investigation for bagman

this right here man. and we're lucky NCAA didn't find one of our biggest source of cash to our players too.

it isn't from the boosters.

ever wonder how Rosenhaus represents ALL the Miami players?

I don't think he is as active as he once was but I can tell you, he made a lot of purchases.

If he did it was to existing players to become their agent, not to recruits to get them to Miami. Not the same thing.

Yes, you're right. Still has an impact. When current players tell recruits that Uncle Drew takes care of them, people start listening.

Advertisement
Does anyone else find it amusing that apparently a good many of those posting think we don't have guys flying under the radar like this story suggests?

Obviously bigger schools are going to have more bodies / resources, but don't kid yourself, it happens everywhere. Shapiro would've most likely never come to light if not for his charges.

Advertisement
Also, you find me an Alabama bagman who'd snitch on his team at the drop of a hat, and I'll show you a very shallow grave in Tuscaloosa.

Which is what made the Cam Newton situation so interesting, Mississippi State diming out Auburn is one of those rare SEC cases where mutually assured destruction was giving up in favor of supreme butthurt from MSU.

It's what killed the SWC, once the old guard found out what SMU was doing they made it a point to end that program. MSU tried their best to torch Auburn when they didn't get Cam. Backfired on them since they must not have realized there was absolutely no way the NCAA was going to come down on the Heisman leader on an undefeated team.

If you were obtain enormous wealth one day,

would YOU be a bagman for our program?

Absolutely and would not think twice about it
70.gif

Advertisement
Back