NFL And With The #1 Pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars Select....

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Listening to the talking heads and several are guessing Hutchinson (DE) from Michigan.

At the risk of this not aging well at all, he does not give me "#1 pick" vibes with his play.

I'm think more Mammula and not Bosa.

Personally I believe any team should trade away the #1 pick for several more. The bust potential just too high.

Who do you think goes #1?

Advertisement
Listening to the talking heads and several are guessing Hutchinson (DE) from Michigan.

At the risk of this not aging well at all, he does not give me "#1 pick" vibes with his play.

Personally I believe any team should trade away the #1 pick for several more. The bust potential just too high.

Urban’s a genius. He’ll never pick a guy like Hutchinson that high.

Oh wait…

The problem with trying to trade away the number one overall pick, this year, is that there is not a) an absolute consensus target at that spot and b) no "stud" QB has emerged.

So JAX is unlikely to get a great offer for the spot as there is not likely great demand to have the first pick.

The problem with trying to trade away the number one overall pick, this year, is that there is not a) an absolute consensus target at that spot and b) no "stud" QB has emerged.

So JAX is unlikely to get a great offer for the spot as there is not likely great demand to have the first pick.
I would still think multiple other picks outweigh the risks of the #1.

No?

Unfortunately for J'Ville there is nobody other teams will sell the farm for. That said, they should try to parlay that pick into multiple high picks in 1st and 2nd rounds. IMO.

Advertisement
I would still think multiple other picks outweigh the risks of the #1.

No?
To me it is situational. Normally the team with the #1 has lots of problems, but not always. Go back to last year, does JAX take the supposedly very good QB, or deal that pick away for a draft haul, because there was tremendous demand for that #1?

If you take the QB, and the O-line then gets him killed, you may end with with David Carr. But, can you afford to trade away that pick if you think you are looking at a legit franchise QB in a league that is dominated by QB play?

I love it when teams sitting in spots 2-9 or so tradeback and fleece teams that had to convince themselves that Ryan Leaf, or Akili Smith, or Mitchell Trubisky was "the guy".

Hutchinson's ridiculous 3Cone made him a very safe prospect. He's on that Bosa level as a prospect and in a year with no big time QB he's a worthy R1P1.

Now...what should the Jaguars do?

Trade down.

From a team building perspective, they should build up the OL and get themselves more weapons because Lawrence will dictate this team's future success, not its defensive line.

Evan Neal + WR at top of R2 or via a trade back into R1 late for a Treylon Burks or some WR that can play the X (think Tee Higgins type) makes this team better than Hutchinson moving forward even if Hutchinson is a better player + whatever they do in R2.

Its the worst kinda draft to have the number one selection while it would be the best one to have several picks in the first three rounds.

No team will sacrifice picks to trade up in such a draft. If I am Jacksonville, I'd go with Neal.

AH is a freak but his skill didn’t always translate into the field. He didn’t dominate like the Bosa‘s did.

He and KT are risky, imo.

Neal should be the pick for them jmo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back