And to think Manny fired

Advertisement
Richt's entire offensive coaching staff. He was literally, acting like he had the answers when he got the job. He said the offense would put pressure on defenses. He said that Enos was an offensive guru. He said a bunch stuff, which none panned out. Diaz is now blaming it on the culture as if he wasn't here the last four years. This guy has no business at the helm. Thoughts?

:

Advertisement
Richt's entire offensive coaching staff. He was literally, acting like he had the answers when he got the job. He said the offense would put pressure on defenses. He said that Enos was an offensive guru. He said a bunch stuff, which none panned out. Diaz is now blaming it on the culture as if he wasn't here the last four years. This guy has no business at the helm. Thoughts?

Things I said from day 1.

Richt doesn’t like Manny because of the constant shots he took at Richt’s staff once he left. I’ve been told this from a few people. It’s why Mark has predicted us to lose almost every game we’ve played this season.

I dont think Ive ever seen a coach fail on hiring literally every single staff position.

The fact that the entire staff needs to be replaced shows how completely inept Diaz is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Amazing to me that he’s fired 2 offensive coaching staffs in two successive years. Has that ever happened in P5 school?

My guess is that Manny was drawn to Enos because the guy had some prior head coaching experience. Manny being a first time head coach may have wanted Enos's experience on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Good point. I’ve thought about this a few times. There were at least a few recruiters on that staff that we would have benefited from keeping around. But nope, Diaz the mastermind had other plans. Enos and his band of nobodies was the answer. Lol

I thought Thomas Brown was pretty good as RB coach. I didn’t understand why he wasn’t retained for that job. It’s not like he ever was OC in anything but name.

I also liked Dugans as WR coach. Certainly more than Stubblefield.

And our clueless administration believes he will get it right second time around. They don't realize that it gets harder when you have no resume and coaching reputation is going down hill to find good assistants who will bail you out.
News flash: Good head coaches run successful programs, not assistants. Look no further than Saban who changes assistants like he changes underwear but Alabama hardly loses a beat year after year. And he is not the only example out there.

Advertisement
Back