Anatomy of a Roster- Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
"Methodology" sucks. Hodges, Wiggins and Brooks are "starter" level but Payton and Phillips are "unproven"? I struggle to see the difference between guys like Irvin, Zion, Patchan, Carter that makes them 'brown' while the aforementioned guys are "starters".

As usual OP is trying really hard to make an insightful porst but it's clouded in misevaluations.
👎🏾

Advertisement
@Lance Roffers alwasy doing the lords work and I am immensely grateful.

The corner back spot is wild as it is each year. It has always performed at least well enough because of how excellent coach is at development.

I think its very likely we see Keontra playing slot and Gil coming back here. Let Amari/Huff split the Striker to free up Gil.

HOWEVER, he NEEDS to be coupled with a strong recruiter. I would feel way better if we could find a way to couple Rumph with Field or Hickson. His work sells itself. All of his DBs are in the league. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. And they were nondescript recruits.

MJack -4th rd
Elder - 4th rd
Young - retired - Arguably would have been drafted
Bandy - Will be drafted
Dean - In the league

Best thing about Lashlee that may not fix culture by itself is the fact it will count in the win column, and that is a top recruiting chip.

a 10 plus win season with help from Hickson or Field and DVD to the extent of his position should cure this positions recruiting. Let the good recruiters sell his resume and do what they do best.

This has been a several year build to get Miami’s roster to a more balanced place, but keeping an eye on how each position looks moving forward, and where your risk of players leaving resides, you can see how a coaching staff is working to keep a roster healthy for the long run.
Nice wrote up lance.

We agree across the board.

Maybe we can stop seeing threads about NFL U for a while. This roster ain’t that.

The corner back spot is wild as it is each year. It has always performed at least well enough because of how excellent coach is at development.

I think its very likely we see Keontra playing slot and Gil coming back here. Let Amari/Huff split the Striker to free up Gil.

HOWEVER, he NEEDS to be coupled with a strong recruiter. I would feel way better if we could find a way to couple Rumph with Field or Hickson. His work sells itself. All of his DBs are in the league. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. And they were nondescript recruits.

MJack -4th rd
Elder - 4th rd
Bandy - Will be drafted
Dean - In the league

Best thing about Lashlee that may not fix culture by itself is the fact it will count in the win column, and that is a top recruiting chip.

a 10 plus win season with help from Hickson or Field and DVD to the extent of his position should cure this positions recruiting. Let the good recruiters sell his resume and do what they do best.
Just for the record, M. Jackson and Corn Elder were not ‘nondescript’ recruits. They were both 4* kids on Rivals. Dean didn’t do much at UM, and was in fact very highly rated coming in as a transfer.

Advertisement
Just for the record, M. Jackson and Corn Elder were not ‘nondescript’ recruits. They were both 4* kids on Rivals. Dean didn’t do much at UM, and was in fact very highly rated coming in as a transfer.
I say that mostly because I prefer 247, which had Mjack 86 composite. His second best offer was Nebraska and he had zero SEC offers as a kid playing in Bama the heart of SEC country.

And Corn signed well after NSD that year and was set to be CC before we grabbed him in April.

I say that mostly because I prefer 247, which had Mjack 86 composite. His second best offer was Nebraska and he had zero SEC offers as a kid playing in Bama the heart of SEC country.

And Corn signed well after NSD that year and was set to be CC before we grabbed him in April.
Corn was both Mr. basketball and Mr. football in TN, iirc. He was an incredible athlete and prospect.

Corn was both Mr. basketball and Mr. football in TN, iirc. He was an incredible athlete and prospect.
I agree and I understand that. Just stating we were the only school that would take him at that point.

I'll retract nondescript for Corn and say afterthought considering the level of attention he received and his late signing. Fair?

I agree and I understand that. Just stating we were the only school that would take him at that point.

I'll retract nondescript for Corn and say afterthought considering the level of attention he received and his late signing. Fair?
I think there were qualification issues and which sport would he play issues. Athletically, everyone knew he was great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think it’s interesting you mention Tate moving to WR. I remember when that was mentioned last season, some people were up in arms. Also, it seems thatLB and CB recruiting will continue to falter and those positions will lack numbers and quality

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the analysis. Oh wait, there is none.

If you're gonna classify players with labels that don't make sense it helps to actually explain why. But hey that's the kind of surface analysis you get from a guy who says Flagg is unathletic because he gets illegally legwhipped by an OL in the red zone.

MJack -4th rd
Elder - 4th rd
Bandy - Will be drafted
Dean - In the league

Agree with this 100 percent! Rumph is still here because he can coach. However I understand the hate because he’s a **** recruiter, manny needs to know that by now and help him out.

Advertisement
Back