Analogy

lococane

Recruit
Lets look at this as a business, say a food truck. You have the owners (the bot), the managers and the staff. Started out as a popular food truck putting out great food and great service. Even though you had to go out of your way to eat there, you not only loved to go, but looked forward all week to go. Everybody wanted to eat there and the competition only wished to be as good.

Then the managers & staff are replaced, the food quality and service goes down but the loyal customers still eat there, hoping it will get better. Year after year they advertise that they are working hard and are getting better, but say it will take time to get back. After eight years the customers are getting upset spending their money on food and service that is just average and many times below, never leaving with that feeling you just had a great meal and remarkable experience like before. In fact, it is now harder to remember just how great it really used to be.

The owners have made it known by the lack of doing anything, that as long as they have customers and money coming in, they are not going to change the managers who in turn hire and train the staff. About the only thing that happens is a few new signs, with pretty pictures of food plates that looks nothing like what is currently being served.

Now the choice, do you keep eating average or in many time below average food with spotty service because the staff are young and trying their best, knowing the whole process is a mess and will not be fixed as long as you keep supporting the business. Remember this hit or miss meal and service has not changed for the last eight years, always promising to be better on your next visit, but never is. Or do you put your foot down and decide to eat somewhere else knowing that lack of sales is the only way the owners will take notice and make major changes, to once again put out great food.

By taking your money somewhere else, that doesn’t make you a non loyal customer, just a customer that is tired of their money and loyalty being taken advantage of. The only thing that you wish for, is that it goes back to having great food and service so you can once again go there and be proud to bring your family and friends, never fearing of suggesting it as a great place to eat.

Why is this so different?

BTW, this food truck is located in an area that has an advantage over their competition with quality food, great current and potential staff that is wanting to work there and a bunch of quality managers that would love to have the job, right in their own backyard. So there are no excuses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You lost me at "owners" and a food truck analogy. If you have to have more than one of owner & then managers of a roach coach, you're on your way to failure already lol.

What's different? We get an equal revenue split from the ACC. The quality of the product becomes less important if you are satisfied with the revenue that isn't dependent on excellence. The programs that strive for excellence won't be satisfied with the ACC split and will try harder. Some won't. I think UM is in the latter group.

What's different? We get an equal revenue split from the ACC. The quality of the product becomes less important if you are satisfied with the revenue that isn't dependent on excellence. The programs that strive for excellence won't be satisfied with the ACC split and will try harder. Some won't. I think UM is in the latter group.

Agree, that is one of the big problems and reasons for lack of urgency.

Advertisement
Ding makes a good point. This food truck is going to locations with other food trucks, and they're sharing revenue.

The people in charge at Miami don't care anymore. They're happy to cash their ACC check and have a coach that keeps kids out of trouble. Retaining Golden after 7 losses all but proved that.

I disagree. My food truck analogy would be that the Miami-based food truck used to make the best mofongo, and there was no debating it because the local produce and seafood are perfect ingredients. Then the quality started getting worse over time so they hired some weirdos from Pennsylvania who wanted to make scrapple instead because people in Pennsylvania like scrapple. Problem is, scrapple sucks and it does not matter what ingredients you put into it -- they are being misused in a crappy recipe.

Bring back mofongo. #BBM

I disagree. My food truck analogy would be that the Miami-based food truck used to make the best mofongo, and there was no debating it because the local produce and seafood are perfect ingredients. Then the quality started getting worse over time so they hired some weirdos from Pennsylvania who wanted to make scrapple instead because people in Pennsylvania like scrapple. Problem is, scrapple sucks and it does not matter what ingredients you put into it -- they are being misused in a crappy recipe.

Bring back mofongo. #BBM

Meant to up vote! Much better analogy

Advertisement
Honestly... Were the victim if bad coaching hires and bad qb play more than any other reason.... 1 out of 2 looks to be fixed...

My point was people questioning others loyalty. I guess I muddled it up with everything else, but was trying to support the point.

“By taking your money somewhere else, that doesn’t make you a non loyal customer, just a customer that is tired of their money and loyalty being taken advantage of.” “Why is this so different?”

Honestly... Were the victim if bad coaching hires and bad qb play more than any other reason.... 1 out of 2 looks to be fixed...

It goes higher than that. Those with power at UM haven't given a **** about fielding a competitive program for a long time.

Advertisement
Lets look at this as a business, say a food truck. You have the owners (the bot), the managers and the staff. Started out as a popular food truck putting out great food and great service. Even though you had to go out of your way to eat there, you not only loved to go, but looked forward all week to go. Everybody wanted to eat there and the competition only wished to be as good.

Then the managers & staff are replaced, the food quality and service goes down but the loyal customers still eat there, hoping it will get better. Year after year they advertise that they are working hard and are getting better, but say it will take time to get back. After eight years the customers are getting upset spending their money on food and service that is just average and many time below, never leaving with that feeling you just had a great meal and rememberable experience like before. In fact, it is now harder to remember just how great it really used to be.

The owners have made it known by the lack of doing anything, that as long as they have customers and money coming in, they are not going to change the managers who in turn hire and train the staff. About the only thing that happens is a few new signs, with pretty pictures of food plates that looks nothing like what is currently being served.

Now the choice, do you keep eating average or in many time below average food with spotty service because the staff are young and trying their best, knowing the whole process is a mess and will not be fixed as long as you keep supporting the business. Remember this hit or miss meal and service has not changed for the last eight years, always promising to be better on your next visit, but never is. Or do you put your foot down and decide to eat somewhere else knowing that lack of sales is the only way the owners will take notice and make major changes, to once again put out great food.

By taking your money somewhere else, that doesn’t make you a non loyal customer, just a customer that is tired of their money and loyalty being taken advantage of. The only thing that you wish for, is that it goes back to having great food and service so you can once again go there and be proud to bring your family and friends, never fearing of suggesting it as a great place to eat.

Why is this so different?

BTW, this food truck is located in an area that has an advantage over their competition with quality food, great current and potential staff that is wanting to work there and a bunch of quality managers that would love to have the job, right in their own backyard. So there are no excuses.

Fly banners over the restaurant.

It goes higher than that. Those with power at UM haven't given a **** about fielding a competitive program for a long time.
I could believe that.

I also believe that that isn't exclusive to UM. I think there is tension at every university between academics and athletics. Especially when the athletics overshadow a "proud" academic program.

I think u have a realistic point. Im just saying that another variable is the fact that we have collectively underacheived at the QB position for 10 years. And coaching mistakes have compounded this.

Other coaches won here DESPITE elitist in the admin... It aint all good in the gables but it ain't all bad.

If we had a competent coach with good QBs we would've never fell off... Between your reasons and mine it all has became perfect storm that has been feeding off of itself

Advertisement

Bring back mofongo. #BBM

I love the analogy, but the knock on scrapple was totally unnecessary. Next you'll knock spezzata, or anchovies.

Fraulden is from north Jersey. They don't do scrapple there.

Bring back mofongo. #BBM

Much better, so now...

go back and substitute in "Local farmland are the most fertile and its locally grown products" are the best in the land, while the Food truck/shop/restaurant gives you crappy food, still. There is an edit feature; please make use of it.

Advertisement
Back