An opinion about Jess Simpson from a Georgia resident!!!

First of all I just want to say that I never post on here. I have been on here for years and have never posted. So cut me some slack guys lmao!!! First of all I just want to say I am not disappointed in the Jess Simspson hire. I think it was solid. I am just curious about Richts intentions. If this is based purely on thinking he can get more recruits from Georgia then I'm not sure the investment will pay dividends. Most kids from Georgia really want that UGA offer no matter who the coach is. If not UGA then BAMA or some other SEC school. These kids love the SEC. I'm speaking for the kids that aren't getting BAG$. I also think we are doing a good job on recruiting the state of Georgia as it stands. Maybe Simpson will help in that department maybe not. I honestly look at the hire as temporary as well. Simpson is looking to move up the coaching ranks. He has always had talent at Buford so I'm not sure how good of a coach he truly is. Buford will always have a good program no matter the coach or the sport. I don't see this as long term at all. Just curious on Richts thought process with the hire.

Advertisement
what do you mean by short term/long term?
I think hed stay for at least like 4 yrs as long as theres no changes to the staff, and even if Diaz went elsewhere, Richt hired the DL coach independently. So i mean I see him sticking 4+ yrs unless Auburn or UGA came calling.

But i wouldn't exactly consider an assistant coach staying for 4 yrs short term. I mean I dont think i could hold it against any assistant if they left after 4 yrs to get a promotion to like coordinator or something.

Advertisement
I’ve been very busy so haven’t had time to pay to much attention, but didn’t we take this guy from NFLteam? Lateral transfer from nfl to college does not seem the act of someone looking for stepping stone. Did he get fired from Falcons?

Advertisement
The state of GA is similar to SoFla, most kids will stay home BUT their will be a few looking to go elsewhere and just like here at Miami, UGA can't sign all the studs from that one state!! SO that alone, it will be good to have a coach who has ties in that state.. Mark Richt and Coach Simpson together will help Miami big time when it comes to recruiting that state..

I’ve been very busy so haven’t had time to pay to much attention, but didn’t we take this guy from NFLteam? Lateral transfer from nfl to college does not seem the act of someone looking for stepping stone. Did he get fired from Falcons?

He was the assistant DL coach for falcons, not the DL coach.

First of all I just want to say that I never post on here. I have been on here for years and have never posted. So cut me some slack guys lmao!!! First of all I just want to say I am not disappointed in the Jess Simspson hire. I think it was solid. I am just curious about Richts intentions. If this is based purely on thinking he can get more recruits from Georgia then I'm not sure the investment will pay dividends. Most kids from Georgia really want that UGA offer no matter who the coach is. If not UGA then BAMA or some other SEC school. These kids love the SEC. I'm speaking for the kids that aren't getting BAG$. I also think we are doing a good job on recruiting the state of Georgia as it stands. Maybe Simpson will help in that department maybe not. I honestly look at the hire as temporary as well. Simpson is looking to move up the coaching ranks. He has always had talent at Buford so I'm not sure how good of a coach he truly is. Buford will always have a good program no matter the coach or the sport. I don't see this as long term at all. Just curious on Richts thought process with the hire.

Must have played against one of Simpson’s teams and got your butt kicked. 164-12 record and your not sure he can coach?

We have 2 of the most respected coaches in Georgia. CMR is so respected BY other coaches he pulled a triple legacy kid from Michigan (Malory) and 2 fsu legacies. Our facilities and our dorms will be on par with any other team in the nation. Our recruiting classes are getting better. We beat FSU. We won 10 games. We play in an nfl stadium that will host the Super Bowl. It’s south Florida. I think wanting the come to UM is at the very least pretty compelling. Just like we can’t keep all the sofla talent they can’t keep all the Georgia talent. The battle will be won by performance on the field and and the recruiting abilities and familiarity parents with coaches have with our staff. A lot of pressure on that uga staff to keep that momentum.

Advertisement
Checks off all the boxes for a troll:

* has canes in his name
* uses the cane name in some grandiose fashion, Ike #1 all time canes fan, or ultimate canes supporter, or in this case, a cane for life
* drops the all too familiar, I’ve been on here for years but never posted before

Now, not saying he’s definitely a troll, but he sure is checking off some boxes with this post.

In 12 years as the Buford head coach Simpson won seven state titles and had a record of 164-12 for a .932 winning percentage. Simpson was the defensive coordinator from 2001-03 and head coach from 2004-10. Buford appeared in 10 consecutive state finals. Not sure he can coach though.

Advertisement
Richt didn't hire him to recruit Georgia as Richt can do that by himself if he wanted. Obviously this man knows his stuff, otherwise the Falcons wouldn't have hired him. They didn't hire him to recruit, but to coach. Their D was also improved last year, so he obviously did a good job.

As far as I'm concerned, Richt knocked it out of the park. I believe Simpson brings more to the table than Kuligowski. More of a complete package, that can move up the ranks. He's NOT a career D-line coach, I can promise you that. Diaz, sooner or later, will get a head coaching job. I was never comfortable with Kuligowski being DC, but Simpson, from all I have gathered, is the type of guy that can slide into that spot eventually.

Richt didn't hire him to recruit Georgia as Richt can do that by himself if he wanted. Obviously this man knows his stuff, otherwise the Falcons wouldn't have hired him. They didn't hire him to recruit, but to coach. Their D was also improved last year, so he obviously did a good job.

As far as I'm concerned, Richt knocked it out of the park. I believe Simpson brings more to the table than Kuligowski. More of a complete package, that can move up the ranks. He's NOT a career D-line coach, I can promise you that. Diaz, sooner or later, will get a head coaching job. I was never comfortable with Kuligowski being DC, but Simpson, from all I have gathered, is the type of guy that can slide into that spot eventually.
Make no mistake, friend. They hired him to recruit too. It’s at least 50% of his job, and he’s going to do a great job of it.

Lets see if he can recruit thats all that matters to me cause I know he can coach, lets see if he got what it takes. Hes done more than coach Kul at this point. All these guys know there stuff, I mean fuqin AG has an nfl coaching job he must know something but he cant recruit. Im assuming this guy can recruit not because evidence indicates it I just find it hard to believe Richt will make the same mistake twice.

Advertisement
Back