An Easy Way to Prevent Some Future Arrests

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Have a low level staffer do routine drivers license checks for the entire team. It literally takes about 30 seconds and is free online. Punish those with suspended licenses. Driving with a suspended license is an arrestable offense in most states and often opens the door to sobriety checks, vehicle searches, etc. These kids get stipends so there's no reason they should have unpaid tickets, etc. Just seems like an easy way to prevent bigger problems.

God, I felt old writing this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes. I am sure Bama, and OSU, FSU along with many other powerhouse programs have adopted and regularly practice this strategy. Are we leading the country in arrests so far this year? We got to be close if not. We back???? Gonna be a very interesting summer...

Advertisement
Have a low level staffer do routine drivers license checks for the entire team. It literally takes about 30 seconds and is free online. Punish those with suspended licenses. Driving with a suspended license is an arrestable offense in most states and often opens the door to sobriety checks, vehicle searches, etc. These kids get stipends so there's no reason they should have unpaid tickets, etc. Just seems like an easy way to prevent bigger problems.

God, I felt old writing this.

I am sure there would be plenty of people on this site that would do it for free.

Most young people have their licenses suspended because of lapse of insurance. Very expensive to fix especially if It is not first time. The responsible thing to do is not drive until you can fix it.

Advertisement
Back