An Answer To Our Problems at LB Next Year

Cane4life18

Senior

He's a former 5 star player at a position of need. It's looking more and more possible that he will enter the transfer portal again. If he were to enter the portal once again, the hometown team Maryland would probably have the edge to land him. But you never know what can happen with recruiting right? I hope Miami is working the back channels with him already.

If Miami were to land this kid and the CB transfer from LSU, Kelvin Joseph. Our 2020 defense could be nasty.

Advertisement
I hope they’re not working the back channels already. Don’t need the NCAA sniffing around our *** any more than they already do.
Screenshot_2019-07-01-07-12-51(1).png

When someone drops some truth but you're trying to win. Ethical dilemma.

He's not a standup Backer, he's a 3-4 OLB but would be a DE in our system.

We probably will hit the portal for a transfer LB or 2 next year, but this kid won't be it.

And I get that people are always starved for Bama players, but this dude hasn't done jack sh*t since he's been in college & this may shock some of our fans, but being rated a 5-star in HS doesn't guarantee that you're going to be good in college, there's a bunch of these great high rated HS "superstars" who bust.

He's not a standup Backer, he's a 3-4 OLB but would be a DE in our system.

We probably will hit the portal for a transfer LB or 2 next year, but this kid won't be it.

And I get that people are always starved for Bama players, but this dude hasn't done jack sh*t since he's been in college & this may shock some of our fans, but being rated a 5-star in HS doesn't guarantee that you're going to be good in college, there's a bunch of these great high rated HS "superstars" who bust.
LB or DE still take him and add to overall talent level of our team. He's a true sophmore, not some redshirt sophmore or junior who hasn't even cracked the two deep at his old school a-la a George Brown. He's still young and has untapped potential. those two factors only make him worth taking a risk on. Lets keep things in perspective, he was at Bama, not some 2nd rate school such as a Vandy or Pitt. It's a lot harder to play when you have NFL players in front of you.

I appreciate your being a 5 star doesn't guarantee stardom in college statement but it certainly doesn't hurt to have on the team.

Advertisement
LB or DE still take him and add to overall talent level of our team. He's a true sophmore, not some redshirt sophmore or junior who hasn't even cracked the two deep at his old school a-la a George Brown. He's still young and has untapped potential. those two factors only make him worth taking a risk on. Lets keep things in perspective, he was at Bama, not some 2nd rate school such as a Vandy or Pitt. It's a lot harder to play when you have NFL players in front of you.

I appreciate your being a 5 star doesn't guarantee stardom in college statement but it certainly doesn't hurt to have on the team.
So take him anyway even though he doesnt play the position we need him to and has done absolutely nothing that would tell us he has potential to be a factor for us. Im gunna go ahead and say no.

So take him anyway even though he doesnt play the position we need him to and has done absolutely nothing that would tell us he has potential to be a factor for us. Im gunna go ahead and say no.
He played DE in High school and was ranked a 5 star at DE in high school.

You wouldn't want that on your team?!
The kid is a true sophmore. He's only had one season of college football so this claim that he hasn't done anything is dumb. He still has 3 seasons left to play.

Advertisement

The kid is a true sophmore. He's only had one season of college football so this claim that he hasn't done anything is dumb. He still has 3 seasons left to play.

you can stack chips by recruiting, there is no need for him immediatley so why waste time when you can recruit a highschooler who can come in and have 4 years to play

you can stack chips by recruiting, there is no need for him immediatley so why waste time when you can recruit a highschooler who can come in and have 4 years to play
Adding a player of his caliber is stacking chips though my dude. One less year isn't much of a difference. Also, he's already developed physically by being in Bama S&C program for a year. If you have the chance to add a 5 star talent, you take it in my opinion.

Advertisement

Dumb? You want to use a scholarship on a player because he is on alabamas roster and because he was a 5 star recruit. And even more hes a d end which isnt a need when we are actually thin at a number of other positions. Ok i guess

He's a former 5 star player at a position of need. It's looking more and more possible that he will enter the transfer portal again. If he were to enter the portal once again, the hometown team Maryland would probably have the edge to land him. But you never know what can happen with recruiting right? I hope Miami is working the back channels with him already.

If Miami were to land this kid and the CB transfer from LSU, Kelvin Joseph. Our 2020 defense could be nasty.
Lol

Dumb? You want to use a scholarship on a player because he is on alabamas roster and because he was a 5 star recruit. And even more hes a d end which isnt a need when we are actually thin at a number of other positions. Ok i guess
I was referring to you and LCE saying he hasn't done anything. He's only had one college season so saying he hasn't done anything is a dumb statement to me. I get that DE isn't a position of need but you can never have enough pass rushers.

Advertisement

Respectfully disagree.

We're pretty stacked at DE as is & I don't think you use a scholly on another DE for 2020 when we'll have depth issues elsewhere.

And the word on this kid is he couldn't handle it at Bama & thought everything was going to be handed to him, don't know if that's true, just the rumors.

Regardless of that, I would rather we try & get the LSU DB & go after more OL's & a LB in the portal rather than another DE when we already got Phillips for next year. Just my opinion though.

We’re stacked at DE. We need other things. Like a CB

Advertisement
Back