Amir Rasual 247 Update "Special Delivery for Coaches'

There is a lot in the NFL news about Miami players right now. I mean Gore just signed a new contract at 30 something which is unheard of these days. Not to mention we got a helluva lot of backs to go after such as my personal favorite, Fils-Aime. All of this gave him a lot to think about.

Advertisement
that article...probably boosted us up about 50% for him.

He is a kid you have to recruit, re -recruit, and recertify periodically. We have to still win and show improvement to land him.

Glad Coach Baez reached out to him. Got to keep guys like him in Miami....shows that we are still foreal.

As bad as we've been, Duke Johnson is about to get drafted in the top 3 rounds as a junior.Mike James is about to be in his 3rd season in nfl. Mike James signed a : Signed a four-year, $2,263,152 contract. He is set to make 585,000 if he makes the team this year. If im a rb and i see that im all in. If im UM i sell him on that...he obviously has knowledge of our history...keep selling it.

Don't forget about Lamar Miller. All 3 starting RBs since Golden got here will be in the NFL next year.

2015 Gus, Yearby
2014 Duke 2-3 Rd (?)
2013 Duke
2012 James 6th Rd Bucs (Backup)
2011 Miller 4th Rd Dolphins (Starter)

Our problem has been depth at the position, but we've always had good backs in the backfield. Had Storm stayed at the U and competed, we would have had 3 NFL backs in 2011. Also if Miller stayed for his senior year we would have had 3 NFL backs as well in 2012. I believe Yearby and Gus will both be in the NFL as well.

This could have been our back filed in 2012:
2012rbs.jpg

Last edited:
If we can't keep a kid who goes to Coral Gables HS, then we should just cancel the program.

This. When the **** was the last time we lost a kid from Coral Gables High that we wanted? I say he is ours if he stays there. Now if he transfers to Columbus, like the rumors say he will, then I will get nervous.

Either way, this kid is in the "show me something Golden" bucket. Along with Bruce, TByrd, ARichards, to name a few. We show a good product on the field and they will stay on. We look like a bunch of bums and they are gone.

Advertisement
What more can the kid say to prove he's committed? We have to accept he's serious until he says he's not. looks strong for a big speed back. His stride and running style (not saying he is) reminds me of Bo Jackson.

Refreshing to hear, but anything can happen in recruiting. With that said, I would also add Fils-Aime(best natural RB in this class) and Killins(4.29 40). Recruit each one for a different role. We need to add speed in our backfield which would put us at an advantage going against other ACC opponents. I would also add Killins just for the simple fact we messed up bad last year by not giving Javarius Davis a chance.

Advertisement
i don't know he just seems like a kid that would tell Miami not to recruit another back knowing hes gonna flip on signing day with no remorse...

If he does come, and we somehow manage to pull that Fils-Aimes kid....then McArthur Bennett becomes a Grade A corner / return game prospect.

This is how big boy teams build depth.

If he's trolling then he wants other school to recruit him harder

But he's a talented kid that didn't have to commit so I have no problem with him

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to sell the school and what it can do for you and then the coaches. Few schools place more long-lasting RB's in the NFL . Wisky, FSU,UF, L$U,USC,GA,'Bama still don't hold a candle to Miami's RB's. Alabama has the guy in Green Bay and the guy in New Orleans....after so many ballyhooed guys were drafted.

The next thing is........small class size at an institution of learning. Academic support and taking actual academic courses instead of phantom courses or idiot courses that only exist at a low-bar college ...is something to sell to parents and guardians.

Yeah we know that the kid only has NFL dollar-signs in his eyes (some of the so-called guardians too) but these coaches have to be able to sell both. Miami produces (and has always produced) quality line-men, RB's,TE's and LB's.

FSU got Nick O'Leary (and wouldn't shut up about it)....Miami got Clive Walford. Remind me again ....who the scouts are more impressed by ?!

FSU, UF...who?

You have to sell the school and what it can do for you and then the coaches. Few schools place more long-lasting RB's in the NFL . Wisky, FSU,UF, L$U,USC,GA,'Bama still don't hold a candle to Miami's RB's. Alabama has the guy in Green Bay and the guy in New Orleans....after so many ballyhooed guys were drafted.

The next thing is........small class size at an institution of learning. Academic support and taking actual academic courses instead of phantom courses or idiot courses that only exist at a low-bar college ...is something to sell to parents and guardians.

Yeah we know that the kid only has NFL dollar-signs in his eyes (some of the so-called guardians too) but these coaches have to be able to sell both. Miami produces (and has always produced) quality line-men, RB's,TE's and LB's.

FSU got Nick O'Leary (and wouldn't shut up about it)....Miami got Clive Walford. Remind me again ....who the scouts are more impressed by ?!

This sounds good but I can't forget the lofty praises he had for ND. That was "the one offer" he was waiting for. Their RB coach bolted so maybe that changed things for him. We will see after his visit there

Advertisement
Back