Amin Back On The Market

hotshot

Sophomore
From the June 1st Reno Gazette Journal:

"Ehab Amin, a graduate transfer from Texas A&M Corpus-Christi who signed with Nevada in early May, de-committed from the Wolf Pack on Friday morning.

"I wanna thank the University of Nevada for the opportunity but I feel I could have a bigger impact somewhere else," Amin said in a tweet Friday. "After careful consideration over the last few weeks, I have decided its in my best interest to de-commit to reopen my recruitment process."

Amin, a 6-foot-4 guard, was a victim of a roster crunch after his commitment. Nevada added McDonald's All-American forward Jordan Brown after Amin committed and the Wolf Pack's three players testing the NBA draft waters – Jordan Caroline, Cody Martin and Caleb Martin – all returned to school for their senior seasons, putting the team two over the NCAA limit of 13 scholarship players."

Kid was supposed to be a lock down defender IIRC.

Advertisement
i wanted him just for his specific defense. Kid literally just wants to lock folks up...and we definitely need that. Hopefully someone can send this to our coaches so they can revisit

Don't know. I think Wichita State and Texas Tech were after him pretty hard before he chose Nevada.

Advertisement
i wanted him just for his specific defense. Kid literally just wants to lock folks up...and we definitely need that. Hopefully someone can send this to our coaches so they can revisit
If our staff needs this board to keep them updated, we're in big trouble!

Didn’t he replace his visit with us to one with Texas Tech after we signed Johnson? I don’t think we have the minutes he’s looking for.

Advertisement
Didn't want to compete at Miami once Johnson transferred in. *****.

Last edited:
I have general red flag issues with a kid that chose Reno, Nevada over playing in the ACC and living in Miami. He's either a legit moron and/or wants guaranteed playing time when he's obviously in no position to be making those demands- as evidenced by his most recent de-commitment/transfer.

I have general red flag issues with a kid that chose Reno, Nevada over playing in the ACC and living in Miami. He's either a legit moron and/or wants guaranteed playing time when he's obviously in no position to be making those demands- as evidenced by his most recent de-commitment/transfer.
In fairness, Nevada could be a Final Four contender this year

In fairness, Nevada could be a Final Four contender this year

Fair. I'm not sure about Final Four but I just saw them in the top 15 of some "way too early" type pre-season polling.

I'm just not sure if his goal is to get drafted that you go to a team in the Mountain West as a grad transfer with only one year of eligibility then obviously misjudge that entire situation anyway. I'm not a big conference ra-ra guy in general but it seems like you'd way get more exposure and better competition in the ACC disirregardless of what Nevada may or may not do in March.

Advertisement
Is that the worst thing in the world? Especially since we rely so heavily on xsfers. Not a fan of just taking a body to use up all the ships. We may be glad to have the scholarship to use next year.

Advertisement
Back