American Heritage Head Coach Pat Surtain Discusses James Williams Commitment

6308319B-3D0B-46EB-B9F9-F4207EB5C4B7.gif

Advertisement
"While the on-field coaches and the recruiting staff did a great job and deserve a ton of credit, Surtain made it known that Ed Reed made an impact in the recruitment and sees him playing a role in the development of Williams once he arrives at Miami. "

The defensive backfield is about to get smarter. Miami the experienced safeties last year. I could also see one of the highlights of a recruiting trip for the kids would be film sessions with Reed. Pretty sure that would be within the guidelines.

"While the on-field coaches and the recruiting staff did a great job and deserve a ton of credit, Surtain made it known that Ed Reed made an impact in the recruitment and sees him playing a role in the development of Williams once he arrives at Miami. "

The defensive backfield is about to get smarter. Miami the experienced safeties last year. I could also see one of the highlights of a recruiting trip for the kids would be film sessions with Reed. Pretty sure that would be within the guidelines.

Fvck them guidelines. Manolo on some "IDGAF" **** lol...

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @gogeta4 I know y’all sake Earl Jr was leaning LSU a few weeks ago. Any idea how much this may impact him in the end? Think I saw his dad commented on JW committing.
Earl and James are close. LSU will be tough to beat though. They have already had him on campus multiple times. Some guys want to make their own legacy apart from their father. We still don't know if he will be one of those or not.

Advertisement
Earl and James are close. LSU will be tough to beat though. They have already had him on campus multiple times. Some guys want to make their own legacy apart from their father. We still don't know if he will be one of those or not.
Appreciate that response. It’s nice having one of those 5 star local legends in the fold to make guys seriously think.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @gogeta4 I know y’all sake Earl Jr was leaning LSU a few weeks ago. Any idea how much this may impact him in the end? Think I saw his dad commented on JW committing.
I think Earl Jr's eyes are being opened.

If you asked me this just a week ago I would say without doubt he's LSU bound, but Earl Sr despite him saying he's going to leave the choice up to Jr is definitely selling the Canes history & prestige of the program to him. There wasn't a more happier adult/former Hurricane player on Twitter than Earl Sr when James announced his commitment.

Earl Sr is also close with Rumph & likes our staff a great deal, so while LSU may have the early lead now in July/Aug 2020, come this time next year things are bound to change if we have a season & win like we're supposed to.

I'll say this, for the first time in a long time Miami will not be completely shut out from a school like AH that we've had trouble with recently. I think we'll be able to pull Earl Jr if he's receptive to staying home, pops wants him at Miami so maybe we win out, or he could be like Collier & wanna go his own way.

The CB I'm most curious about is Jacolby Spells, he's got really good long speed & is a track kid with an extra gear, I'd love for us to get him for 22 as well.

Advertisement

If you asked me this just a week ago I would say without doubt he's LSU bound, but Earl Sr despite him saying he's going to leave the choice up to Jr is definitely selling the Canes history & prestige of the program to him. There wasn't a more happier adult/former Hurricane player on Twitter than Earl Sr when James announced his commitment.

Earl Sr is also close with Rumph & likes our staff a great deal, so while LSU may have the early lead now in July/Aug 2020, come this time next year things are bound to change if we have a season & win like we're supposed to.

I'll say this, for the first time in a long time Miami will not be completely shut out from a school like AH that we've had trouble with recently. I think we'll be able to pull Earl Jr if he's receptive to staying home, pops wants him at Miami so maybe we win out, or he could be like Collier & wanna go his own way.

The CB I'm most curious about is Jacolby Spells, he's got really good long speed & is a track kid with an extra gear, I'd love for us to get him for 22 as well.
We need to get the #LCEtotheU hashtag trending and get you on staff man.

I loved Jacolby as a receiver last year. If he can adjust to corner well it could be scary with him bringing over those wide receiver traits.

Advertisement
Back