American Heritage Delray-Cocoa on ESPNU @ 12

Advertisement
I'm liking what I'm seeing from Folston. He's a good looking combo player. Nice balance and acceleration.

#33 looks good as well. That was a beautiful high point catch in the 1st half.

Hope the staff keeps a close eye on Folston and Johnson.

33 is the kid that Cameron was referencing

Nice drive there by Heritage. Bryant actually looked good. The backup #3 ran hard also. Davis completed 2 passes, his first that GAINED YARDS today, and they finished the job. New ballgame.

Heritage finally gets on the board. Bryant looked good on that drive. They scored on a QB sneak

Bryant did look good on that drive. He's a bruiser, and it looks like he has decent speed when he gets going. Runs too high and takes a lot of hits.

Advertisement
Well, when Heritage gives it to anyone BUT Bryant, they get shut down immediately. Bryant showed good instincts in the first half. Nice ability to make one move and get up field. Certainly not the second best back in the nation. But give that kid a good OL, and he'll do some damage at the next level.

DeAndre Barnett with a sack for Cocoa...he looks good today...he was the DL MVP at one of our camps this summer

Advertisement
I thought Bryant played well. I don't think he's too stiff, just built thick....but he has great feet and good vision. His style reminds me of Trent Richardson with his short choppy steps in the hole and quick cuts. I did want to see his long speed but he didn't get the chance. His team just didn't help him at all. His offense can't throw the ball, so Cocoa stacked the line and run blitzed quite a bit. The offensive line didn't help much either. For how big/athletic Roderick Johnson is, his side of the line wasn't getting great push. He was personally struggling with the speed of the smaller Dline....and i saw him standing around watching plays instead of finishing them quite often.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DeAndre Barnett with a sack for Cocoa...he looks good today...he was the DL MVP at one of our camps this summer

He looks REAL good. Has the frame and potential to be a really good Outside Backer at the next level.

He did look good. I watched him stand up Roderick Johnson and push him 5 yards into the backfield on one pass play. Very impressive for a guy who weighs 100 pounds less.

Rod Johnson didn't impress me

Nope. Me either. He is big and athletic....didn't like the effort/technique though. He bends too much at waist and reaches, needs to bend better and stay balanced. The technique is coachable. The effort is up to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back