Amari Gainer (Pete, Tweed) what's up with this kid?

He ain't comin!
Dig the coaching staff's attitude of shooting for the moon though. We'll be in his top 2; but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Advertisement
Gainer says he plans to visit Miami at some point during the month of July with his high school.

“I know my high school coach is taking us a bunch of places later this summer and I think Miami is one of them,” Gainer said.

Gainer’s primary recruiter at Miami is defensive coordinator Manny Diaz.

“He just tells me about how I would like the program,” Gainer said. “They have showed me how intense their practices are and some of the commits have been talking to me too.”

Gainer also has a friendly relationship with Miami running back commit Lorenzo Lingard, who hasn’t been shy about recruiting him to UM.

“Lorenzo has been telling me that the coaches treat you like family and that they will look out for you,” Gainer said. “He tells me they are bringing some great players in with this class and that Miami is on the way up.”

Gainer’s father, Herb, played receiver at Florida state from 1983-87. He grew up a big fan of Florida State.

“I have always been a big fan of Florida State,” Gainer said. “I love the program and I am confident I can make an early impact on the field when I get there.”

love that the staff is staying on him b/c he's the LB I truly want, but that last paragraph seems like he's 150% committed to FSwho
I think I saw that he was at their camp recruiting for them. I read on their board, when he committed, that he was all F$U the whole time, per one of his coaches that a poster knew, they just kept it quiet so that schools would still visit his high school to help his teammates.

I'm not sure where any of this hope for Amari Gainer is coming from or if anything changed but I'm assuming he's as much a Semenhole as Mark Pope is a Cane.

Last edited:
Gainer is all FSU!! His father played there and he's been a fan for a long time, so I think it's time for the staff to move on and go after recruits that we could possibly get.. I understand the staff wants this kid, BUT at some point our staff have to understand that this kid isn't coming and move on BUT if the staff knows something we don't know, then HEY make it happen.. BUT I really don't think this kid is coming to Miami, he might visit BUT he's not signing to Miami and I think the staff needs to go in another direction!!

Advertisement
Back