Amari Carter

KingB02

Sophomore
Has played much better this year so far. Dude has been close to getting ejected every game for thumpin so hard! Has been a better tackler and in better position than last year. He has played better than Hall (our leading returning tackler from last year) so far, but they will try to expose him in coverage in the first half next game.

Advertisement
Has played much better this year so far. Dude has been close to getting ejected every game for thumpin so hard! Has been a better tackler and in better position than last year. He has played better than Hall (our leading returning tackler from last year) so far, but they will try to expose him in coverage in the first half next game.
I had an indifferent vote (sorry) but changed it to a like after I thought about it. He had definitely been a thumper for us this year. My issue with him is coverage, but he should have been someone playing close to the line of scrimmage once he got here. He's an old school, Bernard Pollard type safety that should have been at most a striker here. But this year, He's been good.
Just didn't need to be in coverage this game.

Though I would love to see him and both Sunshine and Etienne one on one.

I had an indifferent vote (sorry) but changed it to a like after I thought about it. He had definitely been a thumper for us this year. My issue with him is coverage, but he should have been someone playing close to the line of scrimmage once he got here. He's an old school, Bernard Pollard type safety that should have been at most a striker here. But this year, He's been good.
Just didn't need to be in coverage this game.

Though I would love to see him and both Sunshine and Etienne one on one.
He has to cover no matter where he is on the field but striker would have been awesome for him and Gil at strong or free. Gil was a ballhawk in HS!! But we made him gain weight to put him at striker and he lost a step IMO which is odd to me when you already had Carter who was plug and play at striker.

He has to cover no matter where he is on the field but striker would have been awesome for him and Gil at strong or free. Gil was a ballhawk in HS!! But we made him gain weight to put him at striker and he lost a step IMO which is odd to me when you already had Carter who was plug and play at striker.
Gil is definitely one of the most mismanaged cases on the team. He was a **** good ballhawk at Gables and a **** of a returner but no looks at Miami for some reason. I pray that Amari can hold up in coverage for this first half at least.

Advertisement
I'd agree Carter has improved his play this year, but he still doesn't f^#@ing wrap up. I'm all about throwing a shoulder into someone to drop them, but you can do that AND wrap your **** arms around the guy to make sure he hits the ground.

Gotta agree with what's been said here on Frierson -- in this D I'd prefer him at S and Carter at STK, and I never liked the Carter as STK idea. Forgetting about size, does anyone think Carter beats Frierson in a foot race?

I'd agree Carter has improved his play this year, but he still doesn't f^#@ing wrap up. I'm all about throwing a shoulder into someone to drop them, but you can do that AND wrap your **** arms around the guy to make sure he hits the ground.

Gotta agree with what's been said here on Frierson -- in this D I'd prefer him at S and Carter at STK, and I never liked the Carter as STK idea. Forgetting about size, does anyone think Carter beats Frierson in a foot race?
Nah Frierson would dust him lol

Gil is definitely one of the most mismanaged cases on the team. He was a **** good ballhawk at Gables and a **** of a returner but no looks at Miami for some reason. I pray that Amari can hold up in coverage for this first half at least.
Yeah they started him off at CORNER then moved him to striker like wtf lol
Coaches hold the players careers in their hands and they ain’t no use this kid right to maximize his potential. **** shame

Dudes really asking if Carter would beat Frierson in a foot race ... Carter would lose to some LBs in a foot race

Advertisement
We need him to get his hands on some passes. He probably hasn't had one PBU all season.

He didn't want to play Safety. Even then, he played CB before Striker. He gained muscle, not just put on weight.

Advertisement
People forget that Gil had return skills in HS. I’ve been hoping to see him back there maybe but it’s not looking that way.

Advertisement
Bro this is BS. Carter has not played better than Hall. Halls been hurt, that's the only reason he didn't start last game. Watch the UAB game, Hall was playing lights out.

Carter doesn’t fit at striker. Why would you put a guy who can’t cover at striker which he will be asked to cover slot wrs and etc?

1566577273862.png

I don't even get this love affair with Gil. He has been ok/above average at best in his time here, and coverage has been his weak point IMO. Maybe I am just not remembering correctly.
So far this year, I do not see how you can complain about the play of Carter. He has been a tackling machine. When he gets to the ball carrier everyone watching knows he got there.
I have not seen enough speed out of Gil to say he should be a returner, that's for sure. Not saying I think Carter is faster, but Gil is definitely not fast enough IMO. Not taking away from the fact that Gil has also been really solid this year. He is playing with great confidence and its showing. I personally like him right where he is...
I think Gil got too big for corner, and the safety room was looking pretty stacked so he chose Striker. Just my thoughts though, its not like I am any sort of insider. But he is would be a large CB!

Advertisement
Back