Amari Carter

BS85

D before E
Premium
I'm just curious how Amari looked as I wasn't able to watch the game (driving). I saw a few posts in the game thread that seemed like he wasn't playing great, at least early. Curious what his upside is looking like after seeing him in more game action?

Advertisement
I wasn’t focusing in on him specifically but from what I remember he played ok. He missed a few tackles in the secondary, he was going for the Knick out instead of just getting the man down Jaquan style. He was in on several plays too though

He whiffed on a couple of tackles early on when UNC was running the ball so well. Other than that I didn't really notice him one way or another to be honest.

It was up and down. To start he stuck out like a sore thumb. He was killing me with those missed tackles, but was ok once the whole D got into rhythm. He just needs experience. Saw some bad angles by him and others early last night

Advertisement
I was excited about him , but he looked horrible tackling last night. Puts his head down and doesnt wrap up. Missed more tackles than he made.

I know our safeties are kinda interchangeable but if we had to classify them into “free” and “strong” groups what would that look like?

More importantly, who has the back pedal and fluidity to truly be our last line of defense? Gurvan Hall?

Advertisement
Not his best game missed a few tackles and took some poor angles. Look for him to bounce back vs FSU.

Kids have to learn to just tackle fundamentally and not worry about the knock out blow. I know Amari can lay the wood and we all love when he does, but I'd rather all of our defensive players go Sean Spence-style and just bring dudes down.

I'm just curious how Amari looked as I wasn't able to watch the game (driving). I saw a few posts in the game thread that seemed like he wasn't playing great, at least early. Curious what his upside is looking like after seeing him in more game action?
We have atrocious honestly.......the other site has the PFF ratings and he was the lowest rates defensive player. And it was visible on TV how many tackles he missed, the bad angles......it just wasn't a good night for him. Hopefully its just growing pains and he moves on. He may be a tad focused on the big hits and not just being like JJ who just gets everyone on the ground fast. It'll come in time hopefully.

Advertisement
Very hesitant attacking the run... just a learning experience thing, it’s a different ball game when ur trying to replace Jaquan Johnson instead of just rotating in when he needs a breather.

He will get the hang of it Redwine went through the same thing but yeah Knowles played a better game, Carter played the worst of all the dbs last night l.

We have atrocious honestly.......the other site has the PFF ratings and he was the lowest rates defensive player. And it was visible on TV how many tackles he missed, the bad angles......it just wasn't a good night for him. Hopefully its just growing pains and he moves on. He may be a tad focused on the big hits and not just being like JJ who just gets everyone on the ground fast. It'll come in time hopefully.

I mean he is also dealing with a death, his mind might not be totally (and rightfully so) on football. Just put him on kickoff and let him go knock someone out to get his mind right a la robert bailey

The pup is constantly looking for the homerun, highlight hit. Even on special teams. Reminds me a little of Ray Ray Armstrong back in the day w that chit!

He has good coverage skills, but I need him to be more concerned w making the sure tackle, v. knock out shots. Once he figures that out, he’ll be a really good one.

Advertisement

If you judged our season purely off game threads, you'd come away thinking we lost 127-0 every game.

Advertisement
Back