Amari carter senior highlights

Advertisement
Carter's highlights remind me of Major Wright's.

Would not be surprised at all if he played early-- he is already enrolled and his academics (4.0) suggest that he has discipline and work ethic.
This is why I want Jaquan at FS, if we move Red to FS we have to put Quan at Rover/SS.

I think Red can play FS, but I like the flexibility of keeping him as a hybrid CB/S, put Quan at Free & let Rome/Amari & the rest compete for that Rover spot.

It gives us more depth & while a lot of our guys will be young & inexperienced, I still think we'll have a really solid Secondary.

Also would love to see Jeff James at CB, he's got the perfect frame to be a tall long armed rangy Corner.

Would not be surprised at all if he played early-- he is already enrolled and his academics (4.0) suggest that he has discipline and work ethic.
This is why I want Jaquan at FS, if we move Red to FS we have to put Quan at Rover/SS.

I think Red can play FS, but I like the flexibility of keeping him as a hybrid CB/S, put Quan at Free & let Rome/Amari & the rest compete for that Rover spot.

It gives us more depth & while a lot of our guys will be young & inexperienced, I still think we'll have a really solid Secondary.

Also would love to see Jeff James at CB, he's got the perfect frame to be a tall long armed rangy Corner.

Dont think they are moving redwine. Not enough bodies at cb. And i think james should try cb too. Dude has a cb frame. Doesnt look like a safety at all.

lol this kid is precisely why i dont care if Gibson stays or goes. What does Gibson bring to us that Carter and Smith can't? Would be nice to have all 3 for depth purposes but 2 is just fine in this class to go with Jaquan, Finley, and the rest of the safety depth chart.

Advertisement
Reminds me on Antrell Rolle. Great straight line speed but stone hips. Lacks fluidity/flexibility but will be a fantastic SS.

Everyone has to remember that, for at least 50% of our plays, the two Safeties have about the same responsibilities. I think you're going to see a dogfight between Finley and Carter for a legit playing time spot. I'll break down Carter further in its own post or as a recap of recruits or fits, but it's more good news than it is bad news.

Advertisement
His 10 inches in the opening is why he came early.

He won't bust here imo.

Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing while watching his film. That's the most Major Wright-Esque Highlight tape I've seen in years. Seems to me that he is a better athlete and has better ball skills than Wright but is a bit smaller and not as hard of a hitter.

Diaz asks a lot of his Safeties. So you make a very important point about his intelligence and work ethic.

Advertisement
Holy ****. I'm not a tape guy at all because it never takes full level of competition for the opponents they are thrashing on a tape, but every time this kid hit someone he appeared to have the intentions of someone trying to put someone in a wheel chair

Advertisement
Back