Amari Carter on Diaz

Not going to bash you. I could but wont. So answer this.

In what area do you see improvement that would lead you to believe manny will turn things around? Even 3 years from now.

I think we'll be better prepared for our opponent! Its the DC job to do more than just call plays.. watch film, create scheme, training, then playcalling. I feel baker has been in over his head 'learning' on the fly and the VT game was the last straw for Manny. We looked good against UF, CMU and at times, UNC. However, we were totally not prepared for VT which is more than just a DC's playcalling. Systematically, we were not prepared and I think Manny saw it. Players still have to execute though.

Manny has had top 5 defenses for a reason!

Advertisement
Stop with the logic. No one want to hear that. Everyone prefers to **** on everything, all day every day.

99-73 since LSU Peach Bowl, 7-6 last year, one Coastal title in 15 tries, never won the ACC—and fifth head coach in 14 years. Shame on Manny for not fixing it all by game five.

Who has time to make sense. C'mon now, got to get back to raising funds for a banner and fine-tuning the messaging.
I mean because there isn't a grey area between "fixing it all by game 5" and beating an 1-11 CMU team at home by 5 points and being down 28-0 at home to an awful Vtech team and losing to a 6-6 (at best this year) UNC team

Try getting Pink to cover the Back out of the backfield this week. That is what I want to see. Not him giving chase 7 yards back.

Ill take it as the expecations are the same and everyone still plays the same positions

i expect manny to start calling his own defense for tempo.... dont think Baker knows what hes doing in certain situations * SEE UNC 4th down call*

I never heard the word "nothing" come out of Carter's mouth. He was being a diplomatic team player.

Advertisement
I'd imagine Manny is sitting down with Baker watching game film of UVA. Reading their tendencies, formations weaknesses, etc. He'll leave the play-calling to baker, but the gameday preparation will be Manny. Our gameplan will be both Manny and Baker... not just baker.

Players wont see a thing because that would undermine his DC. However, the scheme and gameplan will not be Bakers.

Advertisement
Its the same defense you morons. The change was that Diaz was mostly focused on the offense so far this year. Now he is over on the defensive side and meetings more. Its been explained 100 times but people cant seem to get it
So does the offense get better now?

while he blows now, it is plausible that he can improve this thing (whether its by replacing his entire staff around him or just by, you know, learning as he goes). this is a first time HC and he will likely improve or at least gain more knowledge as he gains experience. it isnt like **** be an inexperienced coach the rest of his career. he may not improve to the point that we need him to in order to win titles, but **** be better than he is now. how much better is the question, but hard to judge an entire career off five games.

So the university of Miami should wait on a coach that doesn't know what hes doing. Wow

Sorry but we aren't toledo or marshall.

I think we'll be better prepared for our opponent! Its the DC job to do more than just call plays.. watch film, create scheme, training, then playcalling. I feel baker has been in over his head 'learning' on the fly and the VT game was the last straw for Manny. We looked good against UF, CMU and at times, UNC. However, we were totally not prepared for VT which is more than just a DC's playcalling. Systematically, we were not prepared and I think Manny saw it. Players still have to execute though.

Manny has had top 5 defenses for a reason!

We looked good against cmu or unc???? Bahahahahahaha **** outta here.

Advertisement
So the university of Miami should wait on a coach that doesn't know what hes doing. Wow

Sorry but we aren't toledo or marshall.

when they hired him, they expected some growing pains since he is literally a brand new HC. Jimbo never HCed anywhere before being promoted to HC at FSU. not saying manny is fisher, day, or even riley, but teams do hire first time hcs. its obvious through 5 games, manny isnt there yet and who knows if **** get there. the point is that he was hired with the expectation that he will be given the time to work the kinks out

the only person impressed with his sarcastic bull**** is himself. ....

but you asked the key question about this whole mess of a program.
the obvious answer is we DO NOT see improvement over 5 games on either side of the ball in areas that seriously have to be improved.

Exactly. All i wanted to see was improvement. Thats it. NOT PLAYOFFS OR BEATING CLEMSON. but improvement.

Advertisement
Lets talk about after the 1st quarter. We completely dominated defensively. They did very little. We allowed a 4th and 17. That's

They are both highschool caliber teams man. What dont you understand.

App st beat them. I live an hour from app st. They are sjw hippies. Thats it.

They are both highschool caliber teams man. What dont you understand.

App st beat them. I live an hour from app st. They are sjw hippies. Thats it.

Ha. I'm in charlotte. App State is not a push over and will be bowling again this year. But yes, you're right.. def SJW and Hippies.

smh. If this is true then Diaz truly is all talk. In short he needs to get the he'll out of here. Fire the AD then start over *** it.

Advertisement
Back