Amari Carter - any news?

Advertisement
Strikers don't cover slot WRs. The safeties do

In man.

Remember Zach McCloud out there struggling to cover slots?

I never liked our safeties one on one with slot guys. I prefer a nickel back on passing downs, but I thin Gil and Keontra could cover in the short intermediate range if we allowed them to get physical with receivers.

I just think allowing Amari to attack the offense downhill close to the line with the least coverage responsibilities would be best for him.

In man.

Remember Zach McCloud out there struggling to cover slots?

I never liked our safeties one on one with slot guys. I prefer a nickel back on passing downs, but I thin Gil and Keontra could cover in the short intermediate range if we allowed them to get physical with receivers.

I just think allowing Amari to attack the offense downhill close to the line with the least coverage responsibilities would be best for him.
They will usually go to nickel in obvious pass situations when they can sub. The versatility of the striker just means they don’t have to worry about a 170lb nickel corner trying to defend the run or getting stuck with a 240lb linebacker trying to cover the slot when an offense goes uptempo and doesn’t allow the defense to substitute.

How on brand for this site is the original post saying that Strikers don't cover slot receivers, which, of course, is completely ******* wrong, and then buddy quoting it and saying people don't know football LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hahahaahahaha man I was thinking the exact same thing!

Advertisement
this is where coaching matters, we know Amari is a liability in certain areas, so can the staff accentuate his strengths by putting him in certain packages and situations where his type of physical game thrives. With the type of safety depth UM has, this is very doable.

Im good with finding spots where guys like him and McCloud can help 5-10 plays a game, where you limit their ability to really hurt you, while giving other guys a rest

How on brand for this site is the original post saying that Strikers don't cover slot receivers, which, of course, is completely ******* wrong, and then buddy quoting it and saying people don't know football LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bruhhh lmaoooo.... I thought the same thing but I’m a “nice poster” so I kept my mouth shut.

Advertisement
I think Carter will be out at Utah State with Banda by the summer.
I Hope Please GIF

Advertisement
If nobody leaves this group is loaded. With chase being the most talented.
If talent alone determined the depth chart/playing time, do you think Carter gets more PT as a Safety or as Striker?

Advertisement
Haven't read all the posts so not sure if mentioned but could the reason for the rumor of Amari to lb be that Avantae is going to be hard to keep on the bench and that Tavaris will call the shots who he wants in the backfield?

Last edited:
No.

He’s not good at Safety, but he’s actually a very good kid & solid player, he’s just been playing out of position for most of his career.

He’s a LB & should’ve been developed into a LB since his Freshman year.
Similar to ray ray armstrong? I remember him at seminole and kid ended up playing years at linebacker in the league.

Advertisement
Back