Am I and this poster a complete moron concerning this?(long)

caneULM

Recruit
I remember it may have been a year or two ago that a poster here posted something to the effect that the Miami Administration made a deal with the NCAA to not come down on them If they agreed to not become a dominant program again or something to that effect. At the time I have to admit it had seemed like the most idiotic thing I've ever seen a poster make. Of course I don't call out people on this site because honestly if I can't tell you to your face I'm not going to sit behind the keyboard do it but I digress. But you know the more I think about it,I have to stop and think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe over the past, what 40 years oh, Miami has been received sanctions of some type 3 times, the most damaging being after the 94 season that whole thing with Ericsson, and this thing that happened some years ago under Golden, and I believe in 80 or 81 during Schnellenberger.

The one that would seem likely to me to make this whole scenario ‘realistic”” would be the one where the NCAA handed Miami an SMU type penalty. We all know the story so I'm not going to get into all of that. But despite that I believe Miami had a record from 1995 until 99 of 50-190 and won all the bowl games except for 1997 when the bottom finally fell out. That's a pretty darn good record considering what sanctions were handed them. Then of course we remember from 2000 that great run they had basically winning two championships and should have played basically played for another.

I say all of this because despite the NCAA trying their hardest to destroy this program it still rebounded. Now where the administration fits into all this is maybe they've grew tired of having the NCAA come down on their backs every time this program rose up to prominence. Yesterday's game was just a crumb of what we have seen the last 15 years or so with this program. It's just hard for me to believe a school that has wone in my opinion 6 championships, has sunk to the level of where it is right now. Now could I be just a complete moron? Probably. and I'm sure some of you all will call me of such. Fair game. Maybe I'm reaching. Something is definitely not right and it goes far beyond the coaching staff, players, and recruiting. Again I may be your biggest most naive mope on his board for saying all this but you just got to wonder…..

Advertisement
There may be some truth to some members of the BOT not caring for negative media attention. The FIU brawl was a disaster for the school’s image. There may be members who think success and that negatively are joined at the hip.

But no, I do not believe the BOT made an arrangement to purposely be average, or worse.

The program has sunk to mediocre because of a series of bad hires at AD and HC.

Way over there.jpg

Advertisement
There may be some truth to some members of the BOT not caring for negative media attention. The FIU brawl was a disaster for the school’s image. There may be members who think success and that negatively are joined at the hip.

But no, I do not believe the BOT made an arrangement to purposely be average, or worse.

The program has sunk to mediocre because of a series of bad hires at AD and HC.
Not to mention the 94 brawl in Colorado..

I read this, "the Miami Administration made a deal with the NCAA to not come down on them If they agreed to not become a dominant program again or something to that effect."

and did this,

Golden Globes Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Seems almost as implausible as putting millions into winning in this, the most talent rich environment in the country and being this bad…. For two centuries

Come on here and say the BOT was embarrassed at the helmet swinging brawl in the OB; ESPN's 30-30 portrayal of The U (maybe even Vinny acting like he just left Happy Hour); or the Shapiro nonsense, while they were striving to be an academic school.

But the agreement you say they made with the NCAA? That's grassy knoll level stuff.

Fair enough. I dont have an issue with the criticism for this post. Hey I'm just in disbelief as all of you are about what we've seen for nearly 2 decades.

For the record, I never said the NCAA stuff was fact. I just recalled from the best of my memory the post I read as a "theory" but no matter. Nothing is getting fixed in the near future anyway it seems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back