Alumni Game

Advertisement
8E6A59BB-A5EF-4CD6-AD74-C21CC241F33A.jpeg

Final: Canes 3 Alumni 0

-Slade was fantastic with 11 Ks in 4 innings of work
-After that it was an inning each from Federman, Keysor, Gates, Maury, Bodanza
-The offense was bad tonight. All our runs were aided by Alumni errors and we eked out just four hits total. I won’t worry too much about it at this point.
- Jenkins and Thomas looked good on the basespaths when they got on.
-Jenkins made a spectacular play in center
-The highlight post Slade was 59 year Frank Russo walking and stealing second
-Construction has reduced foul territory in right beyond the bullpen with an awkwardly angled wall
-They sell beer now

Advertisement
Who pitched for the Alumni?
Frankie Bartow, Danny Garcia, Daniel Miranda, Daniel Briggi, Michael Rudman, Daniel Epstein, Stephen Ewing, and Adam Sargent. We arguably had the most success against the hardest thrower Bartow.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but why was my comment "dumb"? How many of those alumni pitchers even still play baseball?

It's an alumni game that guys aren't really taking all that seriously. Overreacting based on that is dumb. Our lineup is loaded and has a track record of success vs college pitching. We have guys that hit our pitching pretty well in scrimmages this spring. Baseball is a game of talent and as long as we stay healthy we'll hit at a high level.

It's an alumni game that guys aren't really taking all that seriously. Overreacting based on that is dumb. Our lineup is loaded and has a track record of success vs college pitching. We have guys that hit our pitching pretty well in scrimmages this spring. Baseball is a game of talent and as long as we stay healthy we'll hit at a high level.

Overreacting? That’s an interesting interpretation.

It sure sounds like McFarlane will be the starter next Wednesday. Keysor coming out of the bullpen in the Alumni game while McFarlane got a start length outing in Sunday’s scrimmage was probably a tell.

I really have no idea what order the weekend rotation will be in. The Friday starter traditionally comes out of the scrimmage the day before the Alumni game (McMahon or Van Belle), but Cecconi was the best pitcher in the fall and made quite the closing statement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back