Alumni Game 6pm WVUM

Advertisement
4-1 after Dorian and Gaby rough up an Alumni pitcher I didn’t get the name of. Alumni call to the bullpen Bot 8.

Current team wins at least 4-1 but we’re playing the bottom of the 9th anyway

Advertisement
2nd Unit
C: Scanlon/Goytia
1B:Cuvet
2B: Dorian
SS:Jimenez
3B:Fernandez
LF:Gaby
CF:Jacoby
RF:Kulikowski
DH:Blake

-Herick had a great outing. Perfect through 4.1.
-I didn’t realize a radar gun was in my line of vision until his last inning, but he was sitting 90-91 during that frame
-As a team, we have too hit better. Too many strikeouts and failed in our best situational hitting opportunity
-Costello is going to make eat crow for describing him as Levenson with less pop if he keeps this up
-Dorian’s hitting is a thing of beauty right now
-Looked like Anderson coaching first and Fenster third

-I didn’t realize a radar gun was in my line of vision until his last inning, but he was sitting 90-91 during that frame
-As a team, we have too hit better. Too many strikeouts and failed in our best situational hitting opportunity
-Costello is going to make eat crow for describing him as Levenson with less pop if he keeps this up
I wouldn't count on it, looking at his numbers from last year he only hit four but hopefully he will hit more.

Advertisement
You think the starting lineup they rolled out for the alumni game will be what they start the season with? Long the odd man out again in the OF? How is Urso glove at SS?

This is something that also needs to be discussed. I was told Villar father is the one managing the Alumni team, I just want to know what in his right mind made him think starter Toral would be a great idea? Listen if he would of never started, people on social media would have no idea he was even on the team.

Best part about it all, No one is noticing Gabe Rivera, guys Gabe played here one season, didn't even play 20 games in that season, was a DH off the bench. Left after his freshman year. I thought this was the alumni game.

Rivera was at Miami for 3-4 seasons, played his final year at Nova. He didn't play a whole heck of a lot while at Miami though. Surprised they had Toral back after he dipped out to one of our biggest rivals...

Maybe we wanted to thank Toral for leaving and giving the spot to Kayfus and then sucking for our biggest rival. That seems like that was more valuable than anything else.

Advertisement
I suppose this is why JD keeps mentioning scoring in different ways in all of his interviews, i.e. the team OPS is likely to decline precipitously it sounds like, unless Carrier finally breaks out and 1 or 2 of the newcomers really surprise in the power department on a consistent basis.

You think the starting lineup they rolled out for the alumni game will be what they start the season with? Long the odd man out again in the OF? How is Urso glove at SS?
Should look something like it on opening night, but we’ll see what evolves by the time Florida arrives. Jacoby had the misfortune of being hurt the last few weeks. Urso was sloppy defensively the first couple times I saw him, but didn’t have an issue last night. I still lean Jimenez personally at SS.

I suppose this is why JD keeps mentioning scoring in different ways in all of his interviews, i.e. the team OPS is likely to decline precipitously it sounds like, unless Carrier finally breaks out and 1 or 2 of the newcomers really surprise in the power department on a consistent basis.
Very much would like to see us diversify how we score from last year. Hopefully, Blake and Perez can sustain their power output from last year too. Didn’t mention it last night, but Cuvet stroked a beautiful double into the gap.

Advertisement
Very much would like to see us diversify how we score from last year. Hopefully, Blake and Perez can sustain their power output from last year too. Didn’t mention it last night, but Cuvet stroked a beautiful double into the gap.
I have been to a few practices and there seems to be alot of emphasis on bunting. I went to several last year and don’t remember seeing as much.

The fact that they allowed Toral to come back just goes to show how soft this program is.
Toral was forced out. He was told his scholarship was going to another player. Did you think he was gonna play for FIU to appease you?

Advertisement
Back