Alonzo Highsmith

No matter who is the coach, AD etc it would be a feather in our cap to get Alonzo back in this program on some level. Alonzo has a strong personality with strong opinions but he is a executive and a professional and has the pulse pride and character to make a difference in this program going forward. Alonzo and Melvin were at the cornerstone for changing this program and as a local recruit understands what miami Hurricane football means more than anyone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I fell in love with Alonzo’s plan to run the football program like a professional program, from evaluation to development of players. It’s just a bonus that he drips swag and looks like he’d still be in our RB depth chart. Lol
Truly passionate about our Hurricanes !!!!

Truly passionate about our Hurricanes !!!!
Perhaps it will be brought up behind the scenes. Anyway very exciting to see things look like they are coming together. Manny was out of his league from the start maybe Temple will ask him to coach them again might be a good fit.

If Miami pulls both big names I don’t see Alonzo on staff, maybe if it’s Lane & another AD
I used to feel this way, but the more money is involved and the stakes increase, adding people to the equation actually serves two purposes: first, it insulates the AD a bit more since he can deflect and point to others’ failures (glass half empty view), and second, the more intelligent/experience you can add can only be a benefit (glass half full view).

Advertisement
Tired of hearing about this guy and every other former player with a dumb opinion.

The new AD can decide if he wants him. Right now it's just a bunch of dudes trying to cram their buddy into the athletic department.

I doubt if no one brought him up to Radakovich, that he'd sit down on his first day and say "quick, someone bring me Alonzo Highsmith!"

Zo in the AD is a win, but we're way to focused on how cool it would be to have former players around. Time to get over the idea that you can win as a coach/AD/Adult just because you won as a college kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back