Alonzo HighSmith Joining Staff [Old thread, Rad says “not imminent”]

Advertisement
First ... what is the REPORTED ROLE that Zo will have ... not 'speculated" but actually reported based on an announcement from UM. Right ... there is none yet. There are a host of activities that are being developed as part of the restructured role that the Athletic Department will have ... according to comments that has been made. The GM of football operations is a SUPPORT ROLE and I believe the GM of Football Operations will be reporting to both the HC and the AD. He will be assisting the HC in areas of recruiting, talent evaluation, NIL program structuring ... monitoring, and he will be assisting the AD in managing several of the new initiatives that the department is in the process of establishing for FORMER players.
Yes, great question. Whta will his exact role be? We know how maximized a valuable resource like Ed Reed was utilized with the highly regarded "just get them.on staff and figure it out" model. Tremendous results worldwide.

It appears Miami is following the Gaytors lead with "Head Hallway Monitor and A-M Alumni Liason Coordinator (Lower Half)" with these titles.

As impressive as "Chief of Staff".

Regardless, we trust HC Super Mario, with the backing of the Columbus Crew right?, is bringing in the right people at the right time for the right roles. Zo is a member of the Columbus Crew or no?

Just bring our beloved Canes big Ws and do it consistently.

Yes, great question. Whta will his exact role be? We know how maximized a valuable resource like Ed Reed was utilized with the highly regarded "just get them.on staff and figure it out" model. Tremendous results worldwide.

It appears Miami is following the Gaytors lead with "Head Hallway Monitor and A-M Alumni Liason Coordinator (Lower Half)" with these titles.

Regardless, we trust HC Super Mario, with the backing of the Columbus Crew right?, is bringing in the right people at the right time for the right roles. Zo is a member of the Columbus Crew or no?

Pretty sure the combination of Mario and Radakovich will result in positions having actual job responsibilities. The combination of Blake James and Manny Diaz was an oil and water combination of incompetence and ineptness unmatched in UM athletic department "management" history.

While everybody was freaking out here during the "long wait" myself and a handful were cool calm and collected knowing the man has a plan and the resources to implement it. He just needed time.
I think for most people (me included) it wasn’t freaking out negatively about who the new coaches would be, it was anticipation + excitement… when you’re excited about something like the direction this program a week seems like a month and the 2 months that he did take seems like a year….

I think for most people (me included) it wasn’t freaking out negatively about who the new coaches would be, it was anticipation + excitement… when you’re excited about something like the direction this program a week seems like a month and the 2 months that he did take seems like a year….
I understand what you're saying and it makes sense. But you have to admit it felt toxic at times around here and people started wondering if Mario is indecisive, waiting too long that the good coaches are already taken, many coaches don't want to work with him because he is a micromanager etc

Even very good posters where frustrated questioning what's going on but there is no need to name names.

I don't have time to go back and find receipts but all those things were mentioned.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Different AD, different coaching staff from top to bottom, but yet there seems to be a reference to the previous staff constantly. The narrative seems to continue to change also.

I don’t think Miami isn’t doing anything similar to the Gators. Mario has made it clear which team coach and model he’s following. It seems to me that many on CIS has a issue with former players like Alonzo having positions of authority with the Miami program.

The conspiracy theories are ridiculous and ignorant af. The cowardly insinuations are comical. One thing is evident, those people who continue to question Mario keep taking L’s whether they admit it or not. That group is looking pretty stupid right.

Different AD, different coaching staff from top to bottom, but yet there seems to be a reference to the previous staff constantly. The narrative seems to continue to change also.

I don’t think Miami isn’t doing anything similar to the Gators. Mario has made it clear which team coach and model he’s following. It seems to me that many on CIS has a issue with former players like Alonzo having positions of authority with the Miami program.

The conspiracy theories are ridiculous and ignorant af. The cowardly insinuations are comical. One thing is evident, those people who continue to question Mario keep taking L’s whether they admit it or not. That group is looking pretty stupid right.
I don't think anyone is questioning AH have having a position of authority in the program. In fact, quite the opposite right?

Advertisement

He’s talked recently about building a professional level scouting dept. He’s very qualified for that, regardless of where he went to HS for 2 years.

wtf is wrong with you

Advertisement
This is like saying we don't need Charlie Strong because Steele is already a Lb coach. Like Harvard saying we don't need anymore smart people. Smart people don't move that way.
Unfortunately, Harvard ain't what it used to be. Today, it's just a club... And you and I ain't in it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1645452186505.gif

Advertisement
Back