Alonzo HighSmith Joining Staff [Old thread, Rad says “not imminent”]

Ace Ventura **** yeah.gif

Ace-Ventura-Holy-********-Tuesday.gif

Advertisement
FWIW, Ferman has been talking about this for awhile. He has said it will be an Asst AD type title with responsibilities that play to Alonzo's strength/experience. Mario will NOT report to him... Mario, Rad and Zo will work together....
We also don’t need him to be a babysitter anymore, like we did a year ago. He can now be hired to actually do what he is best at.

Maybe now some of y'all can put these time frames into perspective now. This has been the plan since December when he first came on board. Not sure why the time frame for the announcement now because my understanding was it would stay quiet until clarity with carrolls situation.
These folks continued to look backwards and refused to understand how significant the fundamental changes are and this commitment to excellence to football and athletics. Miami has always been this sleeping giant. Well, we are wide awake and coming at break neck speed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So we think Mario doesn't report to Rahd the Impaler?

Doesn't report to Frenk?

So he defacto (because therebis no org chart that will codify this) reports to Columbus Crew?

Didn't our beloved Hurricanes just suffer through 20 years of shïtshow organization?

This better work, we all need to see Ws....and they better be big Ws.

Go Canes.

On the org chart, sure. But think of it like an A-list actor on set. He may "answer" to the director, producers, and exec producers, but lol... no. He's the $20M a picture force of nature that will open the film who is going to get his way. Mario is the talent, and no one is going to challenge him for a good while. He is going to be given a long leash to get this thing turned around and I promise you no one is going to want to be the speed bump that makes him tap the brakes for even a split-second. Right now, Mario has ALL the leverage. He also makes more money than all of three of them combined, or close to it. And yeah, that matters.

On the org chart, sure. But think of it like an A-list actor on set. He may "answer" to the director, producers, and exec producers, but lol... no. He's the $20M a picture force of nature that will open the film who is going to get his way. Mario is the talent, and no one is going to challenge him for a good while. He is going to be given a long leash to get this thing turned around and I promise you know one is going to want to be the speed bump that makes him tap the brakes for even a split-second. Right now, Mario has ALL the leverage. He also makes more money than all of three of them combined, or close to it. And yeah, that matters.
Don't disagree one iota.

What could possibly go wrong with a setup like that! Silly talk!!!

Regardless, we ALL want them to get big Ws for our Canes.

Let's all be buyers until we are given reasons to be sellers.

Advertisement
Don't disagree one iota.

What could possibly go wrong with a setup like that! Silly talk!!!

Regardless, we ALL want them to get big Ws for our Canes.

Let's all be buyers until we are given reasons to be sellers.

It's just the way of the world. You think Nick Saban or any other top coach answers to anyone? Not if they're winning. It's the reason the college football coach is the highest paid public employee in like 25 states or something. Same for Mario. It's his show, now. It's everyone else's job to do what it takes to support him and the program.

Now if you don't win, or if Mario can't turn the program around or recruit well... but that would be a discussion for a couple of years from now, and I'd bet my dollars to your dimes that we are going to make massive improvements and become a top program. Where we will peak, that's the only question that I have. ACC Champs in the top 10? Hope not. CFP? NC? It's going to be a great ride.

I've waited over 20 years to see a real coaching staff/administration here. This is insane. From the AD down, the upgrades have been mind blowing. Shocking.

I just wish we would have done this 20+ years ago. All those wasted years living off the U brand. Finally, finally we make real hires.

It's just the way of the world. You think Nick Saban or any other top coach answers to anyone? Not if they're winning. It's the reason the college football coach is the highest paid public employee in like 25 states or something. Same for Mario. It's his show, now. It's everyone else's job to do what it takes to support him and the program.

Now if you don't win, or if Mario can't turn the program around or recruit well... but that would be a discussion for a couple of years from now, and I'd bet my dollars to your dimes that we are going to make massive improvements and become a top program. Where we will peak, that's the only question that I have. ACC Champs in the top 10? Hope not. CFP? NC? It's going to be a great ride.
It's multiple Nattys or bust.

With that said, their would be some success in placing Miami as consistent and LEGITIMATE (👀 Notre Dame and other pretenders) Top 3-5 program.

In HC Super Mario Cristobigbals we trust until we don't.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Just in very general terms, assuming these hires will be made, this is how I see it.

Think of Mario as the Godfather.

In terms of player talent and coaching talent, and on other ancillary matters, think of Zo as his consigliere.

Rad is the Meyer Lansky role. Money and infrastructure overview.

This is just in general terms how I view it, for simplicity’s sake.

The president of the university should be thought of as a prosecuting district attorney. He won’t have any involvement unless there’s a problem, other than of course he may be used as a prop for either recruitment or raising money.
And BMac is Fredo.

Advertisement
Maybe now some of y'all can put these time frames into perspective now. This has been the plan since December when he first came on board. Not sure why the time frame for the announcement now because my understanding was it would stay quiet until clarity with carrolls situation.
Yo this **** official??. I know u plugged in bruh ion feel like going through this Bible of a thread for confirmation

While everybody was freaking out here during the "long wait" myself and a handful were cool calm and collected knowing the man has a plan and the resources to implement it. He just needed time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back