Confirmed Alonzo Highsmith (joining Miami staff, 5.25 update)

Advertisement
A well respected talent evaluator, Highsmith, 57, will work alongside Miami native and coach Mario Cristobal and new athletic director Dan Radakovich in a scouting-intensive capacity, overseeing all recruiting operations and building a department intent on acquiring top talent. He will be in Miami ready to begin his new job on Monday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article257486479.html#storylink=cpy

scouting-intensive capacity, overseeing all recruiting operations and building a department intent on acquiring top talent

Love this so much lol

A well respected talent evaluator, Highsmith, 57, will work alongside Miami native and coach Mario Cristobal and new athletic director Dan Radakovich in a scouting-intensive capacity, overseeing all recruiting operations and building a department intent on acquiring top talent. He will be in Miami ready to begin his new job on Monday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article257486479.html#storylink=cpy
It doesn’t really matter what his actually duties are. Its just good to have a quality football mind around.

People in the know. I would like an unbiased answer here. Is Highsmith plugged in with HSs in any region? How good is he at evaluating talent?

Organizational skills and talent identification are his calling cards. He knows how the professionals do it in and out. He’s been a scout, and he has a network of colleagues to lean on. It’s just another notch in the belt of this being a truly professional organization from top to bottom. No more learning on the job. No more hope and a prayer. Full organization and leadership from incredibly respected individuals in **** near every seat. Oh, and there are now A LOT of seats.

Advertisement
Organizational skills and talent identification are his calling cards. He knows how the professionals do it in and out. He’s been a scout, and he has a network of colleagues to lean on. It’s just another notch in the belt of this being a truly professional organization from top to bottom. No more learning on the job. No more hope and a prayer. Full organization and leadership from incredibly respected individuals in **** near every seat. Oh, and there are now A LOT of seats.
Thank you. As far as colleagues to lean on. Are you talking about guys we have on staff like Mario? Or buddies he has from the NFL or HS coaches that he trusts that will recommend players to him?

happy show GIF

Remember when Manny and Blake refused to hire him...

Advertisement

SO HAPPY IT’S OFFICIAL! I am awful at keeping secrets this long lmao MY GOD THIS IS MASSIVE!!

Advertisement
Bruh…. We’ve came so gah**** far since 4th and fuccin 14… I, I, I, seriously don’t know what to do…. I honestly feel like crying. Like… is dis **** for real? I didn’t think this was possible at this University. I can’t believe that we’ve finally got people running this thing that knows wtf is going on. People that have 1st hand knowledge of what success looks like. After the last 20 years…. this **** is crazy, mane! All we gotta do now, is put a solid product on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back