Confirmed Alonzo Highsmith (joining Miami staff, 5.25 update)

Serious question, can anyone think of an NFL executive who made the transition to be a college AD? I'm not even asking for successful transitions. I just can't think of one off hand.

Advertisement
Serious question, can anyone think of an NFL executive who made the transition to be a college AD? I'm not even asking for successful transitions. I just can't think of one off hand.
Zo Loves UM....Being an NFL Executive can be tiring beyond comprehension....To be able to come back to your hometown and right the ship at your beloved University would be ultra rewarding...

blake james and jenn were avoiding ZO like the plague. at one point, blake james sprinted to the west end zone to "find someone" to avoid Zo who was heading that way.
Reminds me of a scene in an old TV series, "Touched by an Angel", where some dude in hospital with terminal illness is afraid of dying because he did some bad things in life, and he keeps running around hospital avoiding the Grim Reaper who is looking for him in building...lol.

Advertisement
I’m sure there’s probably one but I honestly couldn’t name more than five ADs period, so it’s probably a hard to even keep track of that if it’s not your team.

Man I’m in the crowd where I want a complete outsider to be hired as an ad. Zero ties to Miami. Need a new voice and perspecrive. We gotta move on from the past
I agree with to a degree..this is not the 80s nor 90s or early 2000s. The program as a whole needs to wake up and realize it’s a lot more than a coach as to why we are down..I’ll put as simple as this..we want to spend and operate like the Marlins and get Dodgers results..just my humble opinion

Advertisement
I agree with to a degree..this is not the 80s nor 90s or early 2000s. The program as a whole needs to wake up and realize it’s a lot more than a coach as to why we are down..I’ll put as simple as this..we want to spend and operate like the Marlins and get Dodgers results..just my humble opinion

if that's the case it doesn't matter who you put in charge. I am not one of those that excludes a candidate simply for having played football or gotten his degree at Miami. That doesn't make sense to me.

What we need is a guy that understands football and would also understand how a successful program is built. Those are things that remain constant regardless of era. If that person is a "Miami guy" all the better.

If it is Zo, he does have a vision how that can be done because he understands how it works and has worked. Miami is a pro city with a very competitive market for entertainment dollars. If you want to have a successful program and put butts in the seats you need a good and entertaining product. You need to keep our local talent from leaving to other programs to create this successful product. You are going to have to spend money for competent coaching to recruit and develop that talent, etc.

Miami football is not like other traditional programs so we need another approach that understands how our success was built. I think Zo offers that approach.

Advertisement
if that's the case it doesn't matter who you put in charge. I am not one of those that excludes a candidate simply for having played football or gotten his degree at Miami. That doesn't make sense to me.

What we need is a guy that understands football and would also understand how a successful program is built. Those are things that remain constant regardless of era. If that person is a "Miami guy" all the better.

If it is Zo, he does have a vision how that can be done because he understands how it works and has worked. Miami is a pro city with a very competitive market for entertainment dollars. If you want to have a successful program and put butts in the seats you need a good and entertaining product. You need to keep our local talent from leaving to other programs to create this successful product. You are going to have to spend money for competent coaching to recruit and develop that talent, etc.

Miami football is not like other traditional programs so we need another approach that understands how our success was built. I think Zo offers that approach.

Been saying it for a while, whether it's Manny, or the next coach, the infrastructure needs to be completely overhauled and upgraded. We need to operate like the top 10 teams and just don't. I like the analogy of the Marlins budget and Dodgers results, it's true. We have expectations that just do not match investment. This goes to support staff, SC staff, analysts, PT staff, etc....it's probably a ground up rebuild and hope those looking at the program realize that. It's beyond just the coach.

Reaction GIF by moodman
Easy with the skin gif trigger finger…. Lol. We’re not there yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Besides rump and dvd, who else?

Yup Those are the 2..they are former players correct? They are college coaches who would be in the coaching field regardless..how many of our former guys are in the coaching industry?
Good God, this is your idea of former players being allowed access - 2 guys who are on staph, 1 guy who’s on the BOT and a couple others.

That’s like the 8% who voted in my poll for Manny getting the remaining 2 years on his contract to show what he can do - saying Manny has support amongst fans when 92% said get him and Blake the **** out of here.

Advertisement
Back