Alonzo Highsmith (is not injured)

WestEndZone

Retired staff
Premium
Did I mention how great the evals have been?

Also, recruiting staff, for the love of God please don’t talk to us about an entire class of player that we have no chance of landing. We keep making these recruiting updates about the alleged elite DL we are going to maybe land. We are literally going to bat .000 on the top tier.

For months we’ve been hearing about the NIL budget and Jason Taylor/Mario being an elite recruiting duo, blah blah blah blah.

It’s not good for the program. This type of hype has gotten us to where we are right now. Year one expectations were set way too high end and we quickly dug ourselves into a must win big type season.

There’s blame to go around, but CiS is a massive part of the community. It has a large effect. I get that we want clicks and money, but **** this is a massive letdown.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re going to take heat for this for sure but it’s the truth. This place has millions of words spilled and a huge audience. The best in the game. We have turned into a propaganda outlet at times. At no point in a cycle when you are sitting on 12 3* commits with 25% of your class outside the top 1000 should you be gassing up the masses over guys that we aren’t even finishing second for. It is very obvious that our staff is being played and we are drumming up the hype on false info

Last edited:
Advertisement
baby throw GIF

True but some of them continue to spew this unrealistic positivity instead of looking at what they are told with a more critical eye.
Or keeping some sort of duty to the program instead of trying to be the first to break “news”

Who in the program is responsible for the hype train? Until we get the name, then the people who put pen to paper are responsible.

Advertisement
Sorry but this is a stupid thread. I'm ****ed too but we're now blaming wins and losses on diehard fans being too positive? FOH with that ****. And yeah let's blame the insiders aka the only reason most of us come to this site.

People are saying the insiders should basically not believe everything they hear from their sources (probably from coaches)....well.....can EACH person just do that for themselves? Like holy ****. I don't want them to filter ****, just pass it along and we should judge for ourselves how to take it. Some of you act like you need to be spoonfed information, try being smarter and you'll be okay.

Now if you want to **** on the insiders sources for being overconfident (probably coaches), that makes sense but don't blame the middlemen.

Sorry but this is a stupid thread. I'm ****ed too but we're now blaming wins and losses on diehard fans being too positive? FOH with that ****. And yeah let's blame the insiders aka the only reason most of us come to this site.

People are saying the insiders should basically not believe everything they hear from their sources (probably from coaches)....well.....can EACH person just do that for themselves? Like holy ****. I don't want them to filter ****, just pass it along and we should judge for ourselves how to take it. Some of you act like you need to be spoonfed information, try being smarter and you'll be okay.

Now if you want to **** on the insiders sources for being overconfident (probably coaches), that makes sense but don't blame the middlemen.
You must have missed the “blame to go around” part. I’ll edit to make it bold for you.

Pure facts, homie!

Advertisement

Also, recruiting staff, for the love of God please don’t talk to us about an entire class of player that we have no chance of landing. We keep making these recruiting updates about the alleged elite DL we are going to maybe land. We are literally going to bat .000 on the top tier.

For months we’ve been hearing about the NIL budget and Jason Taylor/Mario being an elite recruiting duo, blah blah blah blah.

It’s not good for the program. This type of hype has gotten us to where we are right now. Year one expectations were set way too high end and we quickly dug ourselves into a must win big type season.

There’s blame to go around, but CiS is a massive part of the community. It has a large effect. I get that we want clicks and money, but **** this is a massive letdown.
There needs to be more truth like this here. I dared to question this horrible class a few days ago and people didn't want to hear it. Now it's goalpost moving season.

I asked how much of a difference do you think Alonzo highsmith will actually make and got killed for it.

Advertisement
The staff and insiders forgot the Golden Rule. Under promise and over deliver.
I think it's too early to know for this sure this year, but I have been suspect on the staff after the enthusiasm that came out of Spring 2022 compared to what transpired in the actual season.

100% of my annoyance is related to your last paragraph. When coaches are puffing up their chests during visits and saying they’re gonna have the best DL class ever….. and then completely whiff you look kinda dumb

but some porsters on here refuse to acknowledge that this staff set those expectations instead of grinding in silence after the abomination that was 2022

Advertisement
Back