Alonzo Fontenette

Canes4348

Freshman
Just backed off from his commitment to ASU. 4 star WR from Cali. Interesting prospect, worth a look?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He better be a game changing playmaker, because with the WR talent in Florida this year... it’d be hard to see Miami going out to Cali for a WR. It’s only been done once. This year’s K. Smith.

He better be a game changing playmaker, because with the WR talent in Florida this year... it’d be hard to see Miami going out to Cali for a WR. It’s only been done once. This year’s K. Smith.

Definitely ... considering all of the Florida wide receivers we've gotten the last 5 years that have been great college players.

potato.png

I was thinking about a possible connection with our new WR coach and the likely hood of our recruiting mishaps in south Florida.

Advertisement
Perhaps it is time to recognize that, at least sometimes, our brand carries more weight out of state.

Before anyone starts, no, I am not saying we abandon Florida. I am saying sometimes we can do better elsewhere.

Logical thinking will get you nowhere. Nowhere **** it. Good day sir!

Brian Hightower was from Cali, he just went to IMG for his Junior/Senior season.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but I have to disagree.. TO MANY TIMES, we say the same thing "too much of this in FL to go elsewhere".... MIAMI needs to start going elsewhere and recruit other states harder, definitely for the top talent... We can't keep settling for the second tier level prospects, we need the top guys to change this program...

If you can't get what you want locally, you recruit nationally. It really is that simple and not complicated at all as far as a recruiting strategy goes. Nothing unique here, everyone basically does it the same.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.. TO MANY TIMES, we say the same thing "too much of this in FL to go elsewhere".... MIAMI needs to start going elsewhere and recruit other states harder, definitely for the top talent... We can't keep settling for the second tier level prospects, we need the top guys to change this program...

I think we are one of the few power 5 programs to not REALLY recruit nationally. Good football players come from everywhere, even outside the US nowadays. The NBA is overtaken by international players and the NFL is next. MLB been that way and so is MLS and NHL. Good athletes are everywhere.

I think we are one of the few power 5 programs to not REALLY recruit nationally. Good football players come from everywhere, even outside the US nowadays. The NBA is overtaken by international players and the NFL is next. MLB been that way and so is MLS and NHL. Good athletes are everywhere.
I agree.. Ppl like to put restrictions on certain states not recruit (like Louisiana), ppl quick to say LSU has that on lock, not really because a lot of parents want their kids to get away from home especially these kid's coming from bad areas!! MIAMI could be a thorn in Coach O's side IF they would get coaches recruiting Louisiana.. And it could be like that in other states as well!!

Just saying...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back