All of you; I know a BOT member..

Advertisement
Only thing I can add is that I would GUESS his buyout is huge because it's about the only thing that could explain his insane arrogance about coaching like he basically can't be ****ing fired.

He doesn't strike me as a guy that is ready to reitre and cash checks. He probably will want to get right back into coaching IMO.

Come on Al let's negotiate.

Would you hire El Foldo to corch your program?

How about some logic?

He has 5 years left (fact).

He is probably making a base of 2 million a season (guess).

(Assuming the base above) Why would his buyout be 8 million?

Alleged family member of BOT. Not affiliated with any message boards that I know of.

Only thing I can add is that I would GUESS his buyout is huge because it's about the only thing that could explain his insane arrogance about coaching like he basically can't be ****ing fired.

He doesn't strike me as a guy that is ready to reitre and cash checks. He probably will want to get right back into coaching IMO.

Come on Al let's negotiate.

Would you hire El Foldo to corch your program?

Desperate and stupid. People don't always spend smart.

Advertisement
They should've pulled Al aside before he got on the bus, told the bus to go on ahead and then fired his *** in the parking lot and told him to find his own way back from Atlanta. Kiffin at least got offered a ride back to his car from the airport, Al and no D should've been tied to a car and been dragged back to their homes. I don't care what the buyout is, negotiate with him so he can continue coaching in D2 and move on. **** both those incompetent ******** and the BOT for their incompetence as well.

I wouldnt say he's "safe' because emotions are fluid. A loss to the wrong team or a situation where the coach "loses" the locker room will change things in a hurry...

But in any case...

DWGif_zps64693de3.gif

Advertisement
Quoting from another thread and poster:

He makes 2.5 million dollars a year. He has 5 years remaining on his contract. 5 times 2.5 million equals 12.5 million. Most buyouts are paid off in percentages with it usually being in the 10-30% depending on how much leverage the coach had at the time. So assuming it's at the high end of 30%, the school would have to pay him 3.75 million dollars to not coach.

Talk of 8+ is absurd.

If the board is not happy i don't see 3 mil as an issue. If we start winning with a new coach we make that up quickly.

the school will fire golden esp if the donors refuse to renew their donations. money talks.

Advertisement
Back