All of Manny's changes have been A+ per Andrew

We beat every team we were suppose to beat for the first time in I don't know how many years. We don't have the talent to win now but with our gimmick offense and defense we are able to beat enough teams to bring in better talent and eventually take the next step. We haven't had a 5-star defensive recruit since Chad Thomas in 2014 and now we have two of them. Our offense and defense will need to continue to evolve for us to win any championships but we are headed in the right direction. Manny is the master at addressing problems in the offeason, so I am confident in Manny.
We were supposed to beat the team that lost to FSU. Vegas had us favored.

Advertisement
Yes, JJ had agreed to keep Schnellenberger's defensive staff. Trout's the one that got fired after 84. Johnson had no allegiance to him at all, he was Howard's guy.

Johnson did end up with an opportunity to fire Oluvadotti eventually in 96.

Yeah, technically he kept the entire staff, offense and defense. Olivadotti and Archer left on their own and Allen "retired".

If you look at that news report that is in that deleted scene from The U, it looks like Soldinger was the first one hired to replace Archer, though Archer coached DBs and Soldinger initially coached LBs.

Trout got promoted, and I know that Butch took over his position coaching responsibilities for the D-Line, but that staff directory looks like Butch had not yet been hired at the time. I know Mike Knoll was also hired, maybe he didn't handle the LBs in that first year (Soldinger did). After his first year, Soldinger flipped over to offense, first handling TEs (and later RBs).

I'm fairly certain that Kehoe was still a GA for 84, not joining the staff as a full-time position coach until 1985 (along with Tony Wise).

LOL @ beating every team we were suppose to. There were only 2 real opponents on the schedule. You can understand the Clemson game even though you'd think we'd put up more of a fight.

Meanwhile, COMPLETELY ignoring the open *** kicking a THREE LOSS UNC team put on us.

Trolling at it's finest.
That’s what I’m saying ! .. Miami played 2 good teams .. And got embarrassed in both games .. And if we’re being honest here .. If King wasn’t here there’s a good chance they lose 4 more games this season ...

I don't think anyone thinks that. As a matter of fact I know they don't. The big difference is that nobody wants to hear people constantly bytch and that's all a handful of the mopes do.
And no one wants to hear people sunshine pump constantly either and that’s all a handful of slurpers do.

Advertisement
Plain and simple, give the man until the off-season. Do you think that they want to resell kids that are set to sign this coming week? Baker is a Bum! He needs to go. If I were a betting man, he will not be the DC going into next year. But timing is everything.

Are we going to uproot a class with two 5 stars and a bunch of 4s? This is what most in here are talking about. We need to upgrade the talent to compete. Then why cut your nose off to spite your face? Let the kids sign this week and get comfortable and then get rid of Baker, plain and simple. Don’t take all of the hard work that has been put out there and ruin it with a quick but necessary move. Be more logical and play the game the way it is supposed to be.

Some people in CIS say “chess, not checkers” (do they even know what that means?). Getting rid of Baker et. al. now would be the simplest way to win at checkers and get killed at chess. YES, they deserve to go for the beat down that we got. But do it in the proper order. This is not the first game of the season, so what is the point to pull the trigger as a reaction now? It would serve to make Manny look weak and destabilized, the impression that you want to avoid making with kids about to sign on the line. He is doing things the right way (that is unless you are if the mindset that Manny needs to go in which case you should be hitting up the AD office).

Advertisement
For accuracy (not directed at you, more at guys like fly1 who have no idea of UM history).

Olivadotti was the DC under Howard. In that infamous first meeting that JJ had with all the UM assistants, Olivadotti was the jagoff who kept dropping his keys on the table, then picking them up, then dropping them again. Olivadotti quit, and then Bill Trout (DE Coach) was elevated to DC. Harold "Hal" Allen, who also coached the DL, had been at Miami for 19 or 20 years, and he was pretty much forced to retire from coaching and work for the Athletic Department in an administrative role. Mike Archer (DB coach) jumped to LSU, then was promoted to DC a year later, and eventually became the HC of LSU. Those are the 3 Schnellenberger assistants who did not become a part of JJ's first staff.

Butch was hired to replace Trout as the DL coach for the 1984 season. Mike Knoll coached LBs. I can't remember who coached DBs in 1984.

As for Bill Trout, yes, he was fired after the 1984 season. Paul Jette was our DC for 1985, and he was fired too. Wannstedt was hired as our DC for 1986.

Check out this deleted scene from The U documentary, it shows all the assistant coaches and their offices within Hecht:

Assistant to Head Coach - Bill Trout (also the DC)
Olivadotti and Soldinger - shared an office
Brodsky and Trestman - shared an office
Vagotis and Kehoe (GA in 83) - shared an office
Stevens and Alexander - shared an office
Allen and Maddox (GA in 83) - shared an office
(Archer must have quit by that time)
And the GREAT Norm Parsons was the Golf coach!!!

I know PLENTY of Canes history......dont make baseless accusations. You can disagree with an opinion...or if I say something that isn't factual...but knock off the nonsense

Advertisement
Back