All of Manny's changes have been A+ per Andrew

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
I guess turning a blind eye to the D and doing NOTHING is ok

This is worse than Golden holding onto No D.

Before anyone says we don't have talent...yeah...we get it...This isn't the 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, etc Miami Hurricanes. BUT we have more than enough talent to keep from getting DESTROYED on national TV.

I forgot something....previous "Miami Caliber" teams had competent coaching staffs. Don't even bring up Syracuse in 1998. This is 100X worse...and oh yeah...Butch fired the D Coord shortly thereafter.

Stop defending this nonsense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Andrew after UM is nationally embarrassed:

Season 4 Lets See GIF by The Office

Advertisement
I guess turning a blind eye to the D and doing NOTHING is ok

This is worse than Golden holding onto No D.

Before anyone says we don't have talent...yeah...we get it...This isn't the 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, etc Miami Hurricanes. BUT we have more than enough talent to keep from getting DESTROYED on national TV.

I forgot something....previous "Miami Caliber" teams had competent coaching staffs. Don't even bring up Syracuse in 1998. This is 100X worse...and oh yeah...Butch fired the D Coord shortly thereafter.

Stop defending this nonsense.
How could it be worse than Golden when Golden never got rid of Dorito? He’s going to fire Baker. He has to. Who on the defensive staff will remain, if anyone, will depend on the new DC.

We beat every team we were suppose to beat for the first time in I don't know how many years. We don't have the talent to win now but with our gimmick offense and defense we are able to beat enough teams to bring in better talent and eventually take the next step. We haven't had a 5-star defensive recruit since Chad Thomas in 2014 and now we have two of them. Our offense and defense will need to continue to evolve for us to win any championships but we are headed in the right direction. Manny is the master at addressing problems in the offeason, so I am confident in Manny.

We beat every team we were suppose to beat for the first time in I don't know how many years. We don't have the talent to win now but with our gimmick offense and defense we are able to beat enough teams to bring in better talent and eventually take the next step. We haven't had a 5-star defensive recruit since Chad Thomas in 2014 and now we have two of them. Our offense and defense will need to continue to evolve for us to win any championships but we are headed in the right direction. Manny is the master at addressing problems in the offeason, so I am confident in Manny.
Manny has been here for 4 years responsible for the defensive "We don't have the talent to win". Please stop.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Manny is a master at addressing problems in the offseason.

That's rich Andrew. He didn't do alot to address the defensive staff last offseadon. No offense, but I dont know where else to begin with your poorly constructed point of view.

Happy Holidays

I hope I'm wrong and Manny actually does something. So far he has been a disappointment on his handling of the defense.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you said, but we lost to UNC at home, with a lot to play for, worse than we lost to CLEMSON in Clemson. I am the type to give manny the benefit of the doubt, but that performance last night is indefensible.

Truth is, he isn’t going anywhere right now. Best thing that can happen is new defensive staff. If he doesn't make those changes right now (next couple weeks), he is officially Golden 2.0.

I agree with most of what you said, but we lost to UNC at home, with a lot to play for, worse than we lost to CLEMSON in Clemson. I am the type to give manny the benefit of the doubt, but that performance last night is indefensible.

Truth is, he isn’t going anywhere right now. Best thing that can happen is new defensive staff. If he doesn't make those changes right now (next couple weeks), he is officially Golden 2.0.
We have really missed in LB and DB recruiting. I am ready to see some new coaches in that area. I would also like to see Jess Simpson brought back as DC.

Advertisement
We have really missed in LB and DB recruiting. I am ready to see some new coaches in that area. I would also like to see Jess Simpson brought back as DC.
people are still sore, but your spot on in ... a year ago many lost to fiu and la tech ... this year we beat every team we're supposed to beat ... prior to the year unc and clemson were circled as tough games, we failed spectacularly on both, especially yesterday ... that being said, no matter how bad that one was, it doesn't erase a year of improvements ... now manny has to sack up and make some more adjustments this off season ... i'm not ready to throw in the towel ... but yesterday was a standing 8 count no doubt

You would swear we were 2-8 going into the off-season last year the biggest issue was the offense and Manny brought in 3 coaches to fix that. I believe manny wants to be successful so it will probably be the same on defense this offseason

I was using an example

Ok smart guy...Jimmy J fired his D Coord after the 1984 season for a defense that consistently had poor performances and gameplans...amongst other things.

Thanks for playing

Have a great day
He should be fired. But we won the games we should have this year. And If I had to make a bet on the game yesterday I would have bet UNC. Actually I did. I had a parlay with UNC on the ML

Advertisement
Back