All I have to say is...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Regardless of how badly the defense played and how we looked sometimes, this team didn’t give up. This is a game we give up in last year. Idc if NC State is a team we should have pounded. We didn’t give up for the first time in years

Advertisement
Just win.

I don't care if it is ugly. I don't care if the D played badly at times. I don't care if we made dumb mistakes and penalties.

Survive and advance.

Just freakin' win.
Sure - and if it was a week or two, I would have the same mindset. The problem is when we have had a pretty weak schedule, the one good team shellacked us (granted they can do that to most teams) and we have won ugly vs several teams, it does become an area of concern. You start to wonder if this is like some of our other seasons were we have eked by crappy teams and then slip up to an inferior opponent and/or get whooped by a good (not Clemson good) team.

Sure - and if it was a week or two, I would have the same mindset. The problem is when we have had a pretty weak schedule, the one good team shellacked us (granted they can do that to most teams) and we have won ugly vs several teams, it does become an area of concern. You start to wonder if this is like some of our other seasons were we have eked by crappy teams and then slip up to an inferior opponent and/or get whooped by a good (not Clemson good) team.
This is a season that many people said would not even happen due to Corona.

Cherish every win and just hope they can keep it up until the very end.

Quit comparing this team to others in years past and just celebrate hard fought victories like they are gold. Especially on the road.

All it takes is for us to get lucky a couple years in a row and we pull in some great recruiting classes and we start pounding teams like we should

This is a season that many people said would not even happen due to Corona.

Cherish every win and just hope they can keep it up until the very end.

Quit comparing this team to others in years past and just celebrate hard fought victories like they are gold. Especially on the road.
I am thrilled that we have been able to play this year and happy that we are 6-1. I like Manny and think things are trending in the right direction overall, but I don't think that means we should ignore obvious areas of concern.

There is something not right with the D which is both concerning for this year and next if something(s) doesn't change. The D looked out of sorts for the first half of last year too, and did pick it up in the 2nd half (I don't know if Manny took over or not), unfortunately the offense decided they just weren't going to show up any more after the UL win.

If Manny did take over last year, he should consider it again and consider moving on from Baker after the season. If it is a personnel issue, I hope that we can figure out how to correct it next year, but at the very least - as of now - CB is very worrisome.

Advertisement
I am thrilled that we have been able to play this year and happy that we are 6-1. I like Manny and think things are trending in the right direction overall, but I don't think that means we should ignore obvious areas of concern.

There is something not right with the D which is both concerning for this year and next if something(s) doesn't change. The D looked out of sorts for the first half of last year too, and did pick it up in the 2nd half (I don't know if Manny took over or not), unfortunately the offense decided they just weren't going to show up any more after the UL win.

If Manny did take over last year, he should consider it again and consider moving on from Baker after the season. If it is a personnel issue, I hope that we can figure out how to correct it next year, but at the very least - as of now - CB is very worrisome.
Areas of concern can be rectified in the future.
Being concerned after a sweet victory like this just does not feel right to me.

To each his own.

Advertisement
Back