All Facts IMO (SIAP)

The "more talented" argument only works when you have talent at the right positions.

Jordan Travis saved Florida State the past two years.

Michael Penix was the reason Washington made the playoffs.

J.J. McCarthy was the heart and should of Michigan.

Alabama struggled early with Jalen Monroe, benched him for South Florida—the kid rebounded and played well the rest of the season.

Quinn Ewers has been great for Texas for two seasons, helping Sark turn it around—and same for Jedd Fisch at Arizona; 1-11 his first season before Jayden de Laura got rolling and then was replaced by the better Noah Fifita.

Conversely, Kyle McCord was average for Ohio State and it cost them a playoffs shot—so he transfers to lowly Syracuse while the Buckeyes try to get Will Howard to save the day... and Miami just saw Tyler Van Bust leaving for Wisconsin, where he hopes Phil Longo can rehab and save him with an air-raid offensive game plan.

Look at Miami and the quarterback position since Brock Berlin's 20-5 run over two years—which was a "down" couple of seasons for the Canes, coming off of 2000-2002.

Kyle Wright. Kirby Freeman. Jacory Harris. Robert Marve. Stephen Morris. Brad Kaaya. Malik Rosier. N'Kosi Perry. Jarren Williams. Tate Martell.

Outside a few flashes from Morris and Kaaya that is a list of absolutely average quarterbacks.

Take that talented 2017 team. Made some noise because of defense and playmakers, but ultimately held back by an average quarterback—Rosier exposed against Pitt, Clemson and Wisconsin.

Conversely, King's wheels helped a decent Miami team overachieve in 2020, en route to 8-3—which would've been 4-7 without him; absolutely exposed by Clemson and North Carolina that season.

Miami will go as far as Cam Ward can take them this season and the Canes' future hinges on what Poffenbarger, Williams, Brown, Anderson and Nickle do in 2025 and beyond; the Canes ALWAYS as good as their quarterback play—hence the Quarterback U moniker in the '80s and early '90s and four titles over a nine-year span with four different gunslingers.
J.J. McCarthy was not the heart & soul of Michigan lol he may have been a blood vessel but not the heart

Advertisement
I don't think most realize how good ward really is. I'll scream it from the top of the mountains. Cam this past season we win the acc and compete for something relevant. If our defense can give a similar output to last season we are going to be in the playoffs this season especially since it's a top 12.
I’d agree with that. He’s head and shoulders better than anyone on the roster.

The rankings by recruiting contradict t

where is homeboy that has been doing roster talent comparisons from older teams compared to 2024? 2024 was winning hands down in comparison. Additionally, we haven’t recruited well in multiple positions especially OL. But just name the QBs over that time. So two of the best in Berlin and King were transfers. Our teams have been mostly pocketed with elite talent at a few spots but really lacking elite talent across the board. And depth was a serious concern.

Bruh, I’m talking in comparison to the rest of the ACC, not Bama, not Clemson, not OSU, not any of the top teams.

Ya’ll have to stop making up b.s reasons as to y we’re losing to teams that have classes continuously ranked 40th & below. I’ve asked this ? b4 & not one **** can answer it:

How is it that the recruiting rankings are ALWAYS wrong w/ us, but right for everyone else? Since 2004, out of the teams that avg. a top 20 class for the last 21 cycles, we have the 2nd lowest win% right above Tennessee; yet, we’ve avg. a 13th ranked class/cycle.

Why is there always this mysterious double standard here, & on God this chit just started. The way some of ya’ll respond, u act as if the majority don’t follow CFB in general. @mcnaire2004 gets criticized for pointing out data showing it doesn’t take 5 yrs to turn around a program, yet u swear up & down we need to wait 4-5 yrs. I’m showing u that we’ve out recruited every program in the ACC sans FSU & Clemson on an annual basis for 21 cycles by a legit country mile (except 2011), but the data is to be ignored.

The chart @GojiraCane makes is regarding old team comparisons (eg. 2024 Canes v. 2013 Canes). If he did a chart showing 2013 Canes v. 2013 UVA, GT, UNC, etc. I can guarantee u we would have a huge talent discrepancy on paper. I can guarantee u if he did the 2022 Canes vs. 2022 Duke, MTSU, **** even FSU, there would be a huge talent discrepancy on paper.

Again, not once did I say based upon our classes we should be competing w/ UGA, Bama, OSU, Michigan, not even Clemson or FSU; I said we’re LOSING to the likes of UVA, GT, UL, Dook, UNC, VT, Pitt, & let’s throw in FIU, Rutgers, & MTSU. We should not need 3 cycles to beat these guys, bruh, & no I’m not going to pop champagne & pour it on myself until I see how we is in 2024-5 on the field. Not a Greentree Practice Report, I’m talking Week 0 - end of the season.

Last edited:
Bruh, I’m talking in comparison to the rest of the ACC, not Bama, not Clemson, not OSU, not any of the top teams.

Ya’ll have to stop making up b.s reasons as to y we’re losing to teams that have classes continuously ranked 40th & below. I’ve asked this ? b4 & not one **** can answer it:

How is it that the recruiting rankings are ALWAYS wrong w/ us, but right for everyone else? Since 2004, out of the teams that avg. a top 20 class for the last 21 cycles, we have the 2nd lowest win% right above Tennessee; yet, we’ve avg. a 13th ranked class/cycle.

Why is there always this mysterious double standard here, & on God this chit just started. The way some of ya’ll respond, u act as if the majority don’t follow CFB in general. @mcnaire2004 gets criticized for pointing out data showing it doesn’t take 5 yrs to turn around a program, yet u swear up & down we need to wait 4-5 yrs. I’m showing u that we’ve out recruited every program in the ACC sans FSU & Clemson on an annual basis for 21 cycles by a legit country mile (except 2011), but the data is to be ignored.

The chart @GojiraCane makes is regarding old team comparisons (eg. 2024 Canes v. 2013 Canes). If he did a chart showing 2013 Canes v. 2013 UVA, GT, UNC, etc. I can guarantee u we would have a huge talent discrepancy on paper. I can guarantee u if he did the 2022 Canes vs. 2022 Duke, MTSU, **** even FSU, there would be a huge talent discrepancy on paper.

Again, not once did I say based upon our classes we should be competing w/ UGA, Bama, OSU, Michigan, not even Clemson or FSU; I said we’re LOSING to the likes of UVA, GT, UL, Dook, UNC, VT, Pitt, & let’s throw in FIU, Rutgers, & MTSU. We should not need 3 cycles to beat these guys, bruh, & no I’m not going to pop champagne & pour it on myself until I see how we is in 2024-5 on the field. Not a Greentree Practice Report, I’m talking Week 0 - end of the season.
I was saying his charts are showing how our 2024 roster has huge differences on talent of this 2024 team to past years rosters. So whatever the recruiting rank we received it just doesn’t add up.
I’m not disagreeing with you but something is off there on the rankings. I clearly stated we weren’t recruiting well at key positions consistently. We weren’t stacking talent on top of talent. We would have elite players at a couple positions without depth.

All of your concerns are valid and I can see why YOU feel that way.

I see all of our areas of concerns are being seriously addressed. And I just prefer to be in the half glass full group. I’ve said this is the make or break year for Mario. He goes without a major injury at QB, DL, DB that he needs to win 10 games this year. I’m optimistic he can do it because he is cognitively recognizing wholes and addressing them.

Advertisement
I was saying his charts are showing how our 2024 roster has huge differences on talent of this 2024 team to past years rosters. So whatever the recruiting rank we received it just doesn’t add up.
I’m not disagreeing with you but something is off there on the rankings. I clearly stated we weren’t recruiting well at key positions consistently. We weren’t stacking talent on top of talent. We would have elite players at a couple positions without depth.

All of your concerns are valid and I can see why YOU feel that way.

I see all of our areas of concerns are being seriously addressed. And I just prefer to be in the half glass full group. I’ve said this is the make or break year for Mario. He goes without a major injury at QB, DL, DB that he needs to win 10 games this year. I’m optimistic he can do it because he is cognitively recognizing wholes and addressing them.

I’m FULLY expecting a 10 win season.

We have the QB, OL, DL, LB, & a solid RB & WR room. My only concern is the DB room & if we’ll use the TE to help elevate the O. Other than that, we have ZERO excuses not to be a 10 win team this year.

All I was saying is we could literally say that every year; however, this is even more feasible this season, & I don’t think it’s too much to ask or expect.

It may not be as vast as you think. On paper, the 2012 and 2013 Canes were the weakest teams that Miami fielded since the 1970s.
The blue chip ratio was VERY down. Miami had been hit with a triple threat of doom:

1) Heavy attrition of the 2010 class (a third were gone in 2011)
2) Heavy attrition or the 2011 class (only three blue chip players signed, and when Shannon left on Nov 2011 we had only two overall commitments)
3) NCAA investigation keeping Al Golden from doing a full restocking in 2012. He did good, but he needed something like 15 or more blue chip players in that class to account for all of the personnel losses, and did not get that.

UNC would have been on par or better with us on paper most likely. We probably still ranked higher than Ga Tech or Virginia.

Other factors:
1) Razor thin depth - we had no margin for injuries in 2013 as we were well below the 85 man limit. That caught up to us by week 8
2) All of the attrition in 2010 and 2011 left Miami with a very, very young team in 2012. Our saving grace was that Morris was in his third year, but much of the best talent on that team were true freshmen.

I don't think most realize how good ward really is. I'll scream it from the top of the mountains. Cam this past season we win the acc and compete for something relevant. If our defense can give a similar output to last season we are going to be in the playoffs this season especially since it's a top 12.
Facts. I went an researched some WSU today and they weren't a very good team. OK in certain areas but mainly a not so good team. They run a Air raid obviously with some OK skill guys but I think that was Cam making them look better than they actually were. Us screaming for any of there WR is funny to me now after watching. But Cam is the real deal! Far better than anyone we have had. Outside of running for his life had some BIG games! His two years at WSU he had 11 300 yard games an 3 400 yard games! Had a no so good game an still almost beat Washington (24-21 Washington) I think we finally have someone that will make everyone around him better! He's going to love our O Line an running game and I think he comes up big this year! Playoffs or bust! Like someone else said ALOT rides on this year! Is Mario a qb killer or will we finally get over the hump there's no excuses with Cam!

Advertisement
Why? This was legit a 10-3 team in 2023 if Tyler Van Yips didn't play like pure trash.

Fans whining about "cOaCHiNG!!" as if that cat didn't throw 11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games of the year, only to forget how to read a zone defense, where he had 11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns his next five games.

Everyone whining about Mario and his dumb decision to not kneel out—what about Van Bust throwing three brutally bad picks? Miami should've been up 41-17 never even needed to kneel out. Two picks and a fumble at North Carolina the following week. Bailed out of two bad picks against Virginia when Kinchens got that pick-six and the defense finally broke at North Carolina State after the threw three away and the offense couldn't get in the end zone.

Godforbid Miami has a quarterback that actually moves the football, manufactures points and helps win the clock control battle by staying on the field.
Big facts! TVD was so bad we ended up going with Emory! And still best Clemson while the true frosh went 8-23!!! TVD blew 2023!

⚠️: Hazardous Response ‼️

Siiiigh!! Macho, I fck w/ u, but y do u force me to put on my Black Air Force 1’s to respond to this nonsense?

I hate to break ur heart, but I’m going to painfully slap u, & others (including this YT clip) who continue this “talent acquisition” rhetoric for the past 20 yrs back to reality. Lol

Since 2004 our overall class rankings have been the following:
2004 - #3
2005 - #9
2006 - #12
2007 - #13
2008 - #1
2009 - #16
2010 - #12
2011 - #32
2012 - #10
2013 - #15
2014 - #12
2015 - #26
2016 - #22
2017 - #13
2018 - #8
2019 - #17
2020 - #11
2021 - #11
2022 - #13
2023 - #8
2024 - #6

For 21 cycles, 76% of classes have finished w/in the top 15 in the nation, 33% have finished w/in the top 10 in the nation.

Let’s look at the rest of ACC during this same period:

2004: FSU (1st), Maryland (16th), UNC (27th), VT (33rd), UVA (37th), NCSt (39th), Clemson (43rd), GT (47th), Duke (65th), & WF (99th)

2005: FSU (1st), Clemson (16th), UVA (17th), VT (20th), Maryland (21st), NCSt (28th), UNC (47th), BC (50th), Duke (54th), WF (63rd), & GT (66th)

2006: FSU (4th), Clemson (13th), UNC (25th), Maryland (26th), VT (30th), BC (34th), NCSt (46th), Duke (49th), GT (60th), WF (64th), & UVA (75th)

—-The Coker ACC era had the 2nd rated ACC classes from 2004-2006, w/ a sizable “on paper” talent advantage over the rest of the ACC sans FSU; yet, we went 14-10 in ACC play w/ 0 ACC crowns or Coastal Crowns—-

2007: UNC (10th), GT (15th), Clemson (16th), FSU (20th), VT (26th), UVA (29th), Maryland (32nd), BC (42nd), NCSt (46th), WF (66th), & Duke (72nd),

2008: Clemson (10th), FSU (13th), VT (20th), NCSt (22nd) UNC (28th), BC (37th), Maryland (39th), GT (49th), UVA (54th), WF (60th), & Duke (65th)

2009: UNC (11th), FSU (15th), VT (24th), Maryland (29th), UVA (34th), Clemson (35th), GT (38th), NCSt (45th), Duke (51st), WF (59th), & BC (62nd)

2010: FSU (8th), UNC (21st), Clemson (25th), VT (26th), NCSt (34th), Maryland (37th), GT (40th), BC (43rd), WF (59th), Duke (67th), & UVA (71st)

—-During the Shannon era, we had the 2nd, 1st, 3rd, & 2nd ranked ACC classes from 2007-10, w/ a sizable “on paper” talent advantage over the rest of the ACC sans UNC; yet, we went 16-16 in ACC play during this period w/ 0 ACC Crowns & 0 Coastal Crowns—-

2011: FSU (2nd), Clemson (10th), UNC (18th), UVA (23rd), BC (38th), UVA (34th), GT (42nd), Maryland (49th), Duke (62nd), WF (65th), & NCSt (69th)

2012: FSU (4th), Clemson (20th), VT (21st), UVA (25th), Maryland (37th), UNC (41st), NCst (52nd), GT (53rd), Duke (62nd), WF (66th), & BC (69th)

2013: FSU (11th), Clemson (14th), VT (21st) UNC (28th), UVA (29th), Pitt (33rd), Maryland (39th), NCSt (59th), WF (64th), GT (69th), Duke (70th), Cuse (73rd), BC (84th)

2014: FSU (4th), Clemson (15th), VT (28th), UNC (31st), UVA (3rd), NCSt (34th), Pitt (44th), UL (46th), BC (51st), Cuse (53rd), GT (54th), Duke (61st), & WF (66th)

2015: FSU (4th), Clemson (9th), UNC (28th), VT (30th), NCSt (31st), UL (33rd), GT (44th), UVA (46th), Pitt (47th), WF (51st) Duke (52nd), Cuse (57th), & BC (60th)

—-During The Golden/Scott (interim) era, we brought in the worst ACC class in 2011 (5th) in our history, followed by the 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, & 3rd ranked ACC classes. Even though this is our worst period of recruiting, once again, “on paper”, we had a sizable talent advantage sans FSU & Clemson during this time. To note, we only played Clemson once between 2011-2015; yet, we went 21-18 in ACC play with 0 ACC crowns & 0 ACC Coastal—-

2016: FSU (2nd), Clemson (11th), Pitt (31st), Duke (32nd), UNC (37th), UL (38th), VT (42nd), NCSt (50th), WF (58th), GT (61st), Cuse (62nd), UVA (63rd), & BC (78th)

2017: FSU (6th), Clemson (16th), VT (25th), UNC (30th), UL (34th) Pitt (37th), Duke (47th), GT (48th), Cuse (54th), NCSt (55th), UVA (59th), BC (67th), & WF (68th)

2018: Clemson (7th), FSU (11th), UNC (20th), VT (24th), NCSt (26th), UL (31st), GT (44th), Pitt (48th), Cuse (51st), UVA (59th), Duke (63rd), WF (64th), & BC (71st)

—-During the Richt era, by far our best era, we had the 3rd, 2nd, & 2nd ranked ACC recruiting classes. Even though this was our best era in the ACC resulting in 1 ACC Coastal Crown (0 ACC Crowns), we still went 16-8 in the ACC despite having the 3rd most talent “on paper” in the ACC by a sizable margin. The two teams who had more talent (FSU & Clemson) were in the cross-division, and we didn’t play Clemson once in the regular season during this era. —-

2019: Clemson (12th), FSU (19th), VT (27th), NCSt (28th), UNC (32nd), UVA (42nd), Cuse (50th), Duke (52nd), GT (54th), Pitt (57th), WF (59th), BC (66th), & UL (71st)

2020: Clemson (3rd), UNC (16th), FSU (21st), GT (28th), UVA (40th), Pitt (43rd), NCSt (44th), UL (45th), BC (55th), Duke (56th), VT (59th), Cuse (62nd), & WF (63rd)

2021: Clemson (5th), UNC (14th), FSU (21st), Pitt (32nd), UVA (37th), NCSt (38th), BC (40th), UL (41st), GT (43rd), VT (49th), Duke (59th), Cuse (64th), & WF (68th)

—-During the Diaz era, we had the 2nd best ACC recruiting class all 3 yrs. This was also our 2nd best ACC record in the last 21 yrs going 16-9. The only team that had a decided talent advantage than us was Clemson during this era, & we played them once in 2020. Once again, despite the talent advantage, this era brought us 0 ACC Crowns & 0 ACC Coastal Crowns.—-

2022: UNC (11th), Clemson (14th), FSU (19th), UL (35th), VT (43rd), GT (44th), BC (51st), Duke (61st), UVA (64th), Cuse (65th), Pitt (70th), NCSt (72nd), & WF (79th)

2023: Clemson (15th), FSU (16th), UL (24th), UNC (28th), VT (44th), NCSt (49th), Pitt (56th), BC (57th), GT (64th), UVA (65th), WF (67th), Duke (68th), Cuse (73rd)

—-Thus far in the Mario era, we’ve had the 2nd, 1st, & 1st ranked ACC classes by a pretty substantial margin, “on paper”; yet, we are now 6-10 in ACC play, with 0 ACC Crowns & 0 ACC Coastal Crowns (which is no longer an option). Despite out recruiting the ACC since his arrival by a wide margin, the results have not equated—-

2024 is a TBD; but, this little data sheet shows some in this fan base has selective memory, or have convinced themselves that all of sudden our talent is better than the rest of the ACC. We haven’t been just losing to the FSU’s & Clemson’s of the world, that would be understandable; we’re losing to the GTs, Dukes, ULs, UNCs, NCSts, Pitts, VTs, UVAs of the world, and the talent levels are NOT REMOTELY close.

So until I see something on the field, imma stop basking in the glory of another successful recruiting cycle & off season. I need to see something, b/c I’m frankly tired of celebrating from late December - August.
Well God **** @Rellynot only the thread of the year but the post of the year!!!! I went back to the beginning of this one found this gem.

It may not be as vast as you think. On paper, the 2012 and 2013 Canes were the weakest teams that Miami fielded since the 1970s.
The blue chip ratio was VERY down. Miami had been hit with a triple threat of doom:

1) Heavy attrition of the 2010 class (a third were gone in 2011)
2) Heavy attrition or the 2011 class (only three blue chip players signed, and when Shannon left on Nov 2011 we had only two overall commitments)
3) NCAA investigation keeping Al Golden from doing a full restocking in 2012. He did good, but he needed something like 15 or more blue chip players in that class to account for all of the personnel losses, and did not get that.

UNC would have been on par or better with us on paper most likely. We probably still ranked higher than Ga Tech or Virginia.

Other factors:
1) Razor thin depth - we had no margin for injuries in 2013 as we were well below the 85 man limit. That caught up to us by week 8
2) All of the attrition in 2010 and 2011 left Miami with a very, very young team in 2012. Our saving grace was that Morris was in his third year, but much of the best talent on that team were true freshmen.

2013 Canes 4 losses were against
FSU
Duke
VT
& G5 UL

FSU, was expected. They were undefeated Nat’l Champs w/ strong recruiting classes that out recruited us. Iirc, the advantage that VT & UL had (based upon rankings) was the QB position, other than that, we had an acute advantage (on paper). ****, UL’s lead RB was a former QB! Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Appreciate u, King. 🙏🏾🙏🏾
I don't post much but ur one of my favorite posters on here real recognize real! After the last two years I feel u we gotta show it on the field. But something deep inside me is seeing TVD really blew it first year with injury not his fault but this last year idk wtf happened but he completely went off the deep end and it brings me back to the feeling before the GT game. It was different. Our team was fighting wouldn't give up! I watched a bunch of film on Cam today man I can't help but think this year it all FINALLY comes together! We can corch Mario all we want dude brings talent he's proved it at Oregon! I watched him go down to OSU an the level that put him on. That's PROOF my boy! We good!

Good stuff…

2013 Canes 4 losses were against
FSU
Duke
VT
& G5 UL

FSU, was expected. They were undefeated Nat’l Champs w/ strong recruiting classes that out recruited us. Iirc, the advantage that VT & UL had (based upon rankings) was the QB position, other than that, we had an acute advantage (on paper). ****, UL’s lead RB was a former QB! Lol.
The FSU game (if I remember correctly) left Miami injury riddled, which it did not have the depth to compensate for you.

VA Tech had at least 14 blue chip players. Louisville had at least 9.
Miami had 23. So yes, there was an advantage on paper. However injuries and scheme (likely) came together to take away those advantages.

Advertisement
Outside a handful of assistant hires over the years, nobody has done less with more than Miami has. We almost never upset anyone and get upset all the time. We hire coaches who run outdated, corny schemes and when they inevitably fail, we replace them with coaches who run outdated, corny schemes. The ONLY assistant hires over the last two decades who were actually 180* changes from the previous failed coaches were Manny Diaz as DC in 2016 and Rhett Lashlee as OC in 2020. Diaz took D'Onofrio's leftovers and fielded a competent and aggressive defense. Lashlee took Dan Enos' players and doubled their output. (I know D'Eriq King didn't play for Penos but he ONLY came to Miami because they signed Lashlee)

The jury is still out on Shannon Dawson and Lance Guidry looks like a winner so maybe 2024 will finally be the year that Miami's coaches don't sabotage their team with garbage systems and play calling.

Facts. I went an researched some WSU today and they weren't a very good team. OK in certain areas but mainly a not so good team. They run a Air raid obviously with some OK skill guys but I think that was Cam making them look better than they actually were. Us screaming for any of there WR is funny to me now after watching. But Cam is the real deal! Far better than anyone we have had. Outside of running for his life had some BIG games! His two years at WSU he had 11 300 yard games an 3 400 yard games! Had a no so good game an still almost beat Washington (24-21 Washington) I think we finally have someone that will make everyone around him better! He's going to love our O Line an running game and I think he comes up big this year! Playoffs or bust! Like someone else said ALOT rides on this year! Is Mario a qb killer or will we finally get over the hump there's no excuses with Cam!
Who would be the quarterbacks that Mario has killed? Is it Justin Herbert who had statically improved under Mario and won the pac 12 twice with and was drafted 6th and should've been 5th if the dolphins had someone with a brain as gm? Is it Tyler Shough who only had a covid year and played 7 games with a seriously depleted roster(just like everyone else did)? Was it Anthony Brown who always sucked yet had his best year under Mario? Or for the people who are really forcing this narrative was it Tyler who before Mario even came here the people who actually understand Foosball (not just me)warned you Tyler isn't as of yet atleast the qb yall are thinking he is? For the sake of the argument run with that and say he killed Tyler's career trajectory because he wasn't running an offense conducive to his skill set. Well then why did so many of yall want lil tua who came from gattis and Locksley. Cause then you're admitting gattis and in essence Mario weren't the problem. The problem was Tyler when playing to simply his strengths (one read and rip)and throwing the ball 40 plus times a game can be a pretty **** good qb. Make him evolve(as he admitted several different times by saying he doesn't want to make reads at the line. He wants to be told exactly what to do with the ball)and his game falls apart. If that makes Mario a qb killer while everyone else thrived well then run with that.

The FSU game (if I remember correctly) left Miami injury riddled, which it did not have the depth to compensate for you.

VA Tech had at least 14 blue chip players. Louisville had at least 9.
Miami had 23. So yes, there was an advantage on paper. However injuries and scheme (likely) came together to take away those advantages.

Iirc, the player who got injured in the FSU game was Duke. We came away healthy besides that. The only “on paper” advantage both UL & VT had was at the QB position.

VT’s leading receivers that game was
Joshua Stanford (2* #269th ranked WR) who went for 7 & 107 w/ a TD, & Willie Byrn (a non-ranked player) who went for 6 and 105.

VT’s leading rusher who all of a sudden had an Al Bundy game against us was OUTSIDE LINEBACKER TREY EDMUNDS, a low 4* kid & #36 LB in the nation coming out!

Losing Duke Johnson hurt big time, although he was replaced by a 4* in Crawford, it wasn’t the same running attack b/c Crawford was more athlete than pure RB. With that said, that’s not why we lost to VT, Duke, or UL. We lost to them b/c we had a **** poor coaching scheme that hammied our talent, particularly on defense. Our blue chip players looked like JAGs on defense b/c of the f’ing scheme. We lost b/c we fielded the 89th ranked Defense that season, despite the guys we had drafted & on paper talent.

Outside a handful of assistant hires over the years, nobody has done less with more than Miami has. We almost never upset anyone and get upset all the time. We hire coaches who run outdated, corny schemes and when they inevitably fail, we replace them with coaches who run outdated, corny schemes. The ONLY assistant hires over the last two decades who were actually 180* changes from the previous failed coaches were Manny Diaz as DC in 2016 and Rhett Lashlee as OC in 2020. Diaz took D'Onofrio's leftovers and fielded a competent and aggressive defense. Lashlee took Dan Enos' players and doubled their output. (I know D'Eriq King didn't play for Penos but he ONLY came to Miami because they signed Lashlee)

The jury is still out on Shannon Dawson and Lance Guidry looks like a winner so maybe 2024 will finally be the year that Miami's coaches don't sabotage their team with garbage systems and play calling.

On the Guidry front, his defenses really tend to jump in performance Year 2. There are holes in the secondary, but I'm excited to see what he can do with the talent up front and at LB in 2024.

Advertisement
Back