All-ACC Honors and ACC COY

camilo9292

#MySources
All-ACC Honors
Shane is on the 1st team All-ACC, Kadji is on 2nd team.

All-ACC First Team
Mason Plumlee, Duke
Erick Green, Virginia Tech
Shane Larkin, Miami
Joe Harris, Virginia
Richard Howell, NC State

All-ACC Second Team
Seth Curry, Duke
Kenny Kadji, Miami
Lorenzo Brown, NC State
Reggie Bullock, North Carolina
James Michael McAdoo, North Carolina

All-ACC Third Team
Michael Snaer, Florida State
C.J. Leslie, NC State
Ryan Anderson, Boston College
Quinn Cook, Duke
Devin Booker, Clemson

ACC All-Defensive Team:
Shane Larkin (Miami)
Durand Scott (Miami)
Daniel Miller (Ga. Tech)
Alex Len (Maryland)
Jontel Evans (Virginia).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
very disrespectful for scott not to be 2nd team.. 3rd at least..kept us in alot of games

I'm a big Durand fan, but that seems about right to me. He had an inconsistent year on the offensive end but was lights out on defense.

Advertisement
Insulting that Shane is not POY. These Tobacco Road media ****suckers giving the award to a high scoring dude on a bum *** team are a joke.

Advertisement
Insulting that Shane is not POY. These Tobacco Road media ****suckers giving the award to a high scoring dude on a bum *** team are a joke.

Meh, VT isn't exactly a Tobacco Road favorite. I don't like Larkin getting passed over either, but Greene was the ONLY threat on his team, the ONLY guy that opponents had to worry about, and he still put up obscene numbers...credit where credit is due.

Meh, VT isn't exactly a Tobacco Road favorite. I don't like Larkin getting passed over either, but Greene was the ONLY threat on his team, the ONLY guy that opponents had to worry about, and he still put up obscene numbers...credit where credit is due.

No one is doubting that he had a great year scoring. But with him, they are terrible, and without him they are still terrible. Larkin was the most important player on the best team in the ACC and his numbers (14/4/4/2, 48% from the field) back that up.

Not to mention, he had 2 BIG games vs the 2nd best team in the conference, Duke.

Advertisement
Count me among those that think Green for POY is justified. Averaged 48% from the field, 39% from 3 and over 25 ppg. Crazy numbers, both in volume and efficiency. I understand the line of thinking as far as Va Tech being bad, even w/ Green on the team. However, can you say with certainty that if you replaced Green w/ Larkin, that the Hokies would have had more wins? In truth, I'd also put Harris (17 and 44% from 3) from UVA and Plumlee (17 and 10) ahead of Larkin as well.

I viewed the Canes as more of an ensemble. Larkin was our best and most important player, but Kadji was almost as valuable as Larkin was. Scott also had great value, and Gamble really ended up being an x-factor. Big Reg and Rion Brown had their moments as well, but lacked consistency. We did not have the POY on our team because there were too many valauble players, which is why we went 15-3 in the ACC, and why UVA and Va Tech were inferior to us.

Last edited:

No one is doubting that he had a great year scoring. But with him, they are terrible, and without him they are still terrible. Larkin was the most important player on the best team in the ACC and his numbers (14/4/4/2, 48% from the field) back that up.

Not to mention, he had 2 BIG games vs the 2nd best team in the conference, Duke.

Greene had more pts against Duke than Larkin did. Green had 22 and 25 pts against Duke; Larkin had 18 and 25.

Bottom line is that Greene was just slightly above Larkin in most statistical categories, even though his team sucked.

Basically, Larkin gets punished for being unselfish and having a good backing team, while Greene gets rewarded for being the top dog in the conference despite being on a bad team.

The award goes to the best individual player. If it was an MVP award then Larkin probably wins based on "bets player on the best team".

Advertisement
Back