Alin Edouard rated 4 star by 247

Advertisement
Why is everyone saying clark is SEC bound? I thought he had us in the lead?

Nothing about Clark says SEC but our past recruiting has people scared, thats all.

He does have us in the lead.

Yeah people are just afraid since top notch def. tackle hasn't gone well for us int he past couple of years, either we whif like this past year or end up with Marcus forston, hopefully we'll break that trend this year

Have to hold on to this guy. He is gonna be special, and be the force that pushes Olsen in the meantime.

right now is the time where you get the kids to commit.... and then you win games.. to lock them in

if you don't get them to commit ... you need to win games and try to flip them ..

in conclusion... if you don't win games... you wont' get them

Advertisement
Hold up with Alin, interview was posted on Scout, with him saying he considers himself now a soft commit, today

To be a 4 star, you need 90 points. Morgan Mahalak was rated a 3 star, 88 points (2 points behind Edouard) and he didn't even start. Looks like he has a chance to be a 5 star when he actually plays.

Got a good chuckle out of that .gif.

This class can be top 5 easy if Golden recruits only SFL this year. It's crazy how many studs and game changers are in Miami's backyard this cycle. Sony,McDermott,Lane,Clark,Cook all 4 or 5 star game changers and not even a hour away... Most of the studs are leaning UM way early this class can be special on top of a 10 win season like we should have this year..

Sony is a UGA lean, McDermott=CANE, Lane has bama as early front runner, Clark=SEC, Cook=clemson bought him

407.gif

Hold up with Alin, interview was posted on Scout, with him saying he considers himself now a soft commit, today

Yeah this kid doesn't sound all that committed. From the day he committed he stated it was 99%. Gotta be down to about 50% by now.

Advertisement
Yeah. Funny, Mike calls him solid to us and then the kid tells the reporter from Syracuse that he's a soft commit. I guess he's hoping to get an Alabama offer since that's where Cristobal went. Will be interesting to see how our staff handles his recruitment with him saying he's still wide open.

Yeah. Funny, Mike calls him solid to us and then the kid tells the reporter from Syracuse that he's a soft commit. I guess he's hoping to get an Alabama offer since that's where Cristobal went. Will be interesting to see how our staff handles his recruitment with him saying he's still wide open.

could he just be telling team reporters what they want to hear? hard to imagine this is coming from the same guy who said he almost cried when he got his offer that he was fighting for months to get? is Cristobal that much of a difference maker?

like i said dont trust what these kids say to reporters, they say what the reporters want them to say, it goes both ways either its a kid saying miami is their "dream school" to cane reporters or they tell other reporters for other schools that they are still going to look around

oh and one thing i have also noticed some reporters jump to conclusions when they do interviews, i have seen plenty of times when i kid who is committed and is all about the school they are committed to that they are still going to look around and take other visits and then the reporter starts saying that you should consider him a soft commit and the one thing that always gets me when they say "the feel of the convo got me to think this and that" those crack me up

Advertisement
like i said dont trust what these kids say to reporters, they say what the reporters want them to say, it goes both ways either its a kid saying miami is their "dream school" to cane reporters or they tell other reporters for other schools that they are still going to look around

This. After what happened last recruiting cycle, I would say that you can hardly take anything from the interviews. In most cases, the kids tells the local reporter what he wants to hear, which is usually hyping up said school. I will forever be scarred by the hysteria and analysis around all the MT videos prior to Signing Day. I vowed to never take any of these interviews/videos serious again.

No I think he's being candid, perhaps a bit too honest. If he wasn't wide open then why say you're a "soft commit" and "wide open"? Your definition of commitment probably isn't what his definition of commitment is, and to be fair the NCAA raised the level of concern in kid's minds with their bs and his main recruiter is now at Alabama. Still, I think that kids have learned that a way to draw attention to yourself is to latch on to a big named program, such as ours, commit, and then market yourself and see what happens. That's why I said it'll be interesting to see how our coaches handle his recruitment. My thinking is that in particular they will want their QB to be a solid commit.

could he just be telling team reporters what they want to hear? hard to imagine this is coming from the same guy who said he almost cried when he got his offer that he was fighting for months to get? is Cristobal that much of a difference maker?

Advertisement
oh and one thing i have also noticed some reporters jump to conclusions when they do interviews, i have seen plenty of times when i kid who is committed and is all about the school they are committed to that they are still going to look around and take other visits and then the reporter starts saying that you should consider him a soft commit and the one thing that always gets me when they say "the feel of the convo got me to think this and that" those crack me up

If a kid is all about the school he's committed to, he won't go look around. If you look around, you are soft commit. Period!

Advertisement
Back