Alex Fernandez, Jr. - How'd he turn pro?

In reference to a question Jorge Milian posed on Twitter, how was he able to get to the pros after only one year at The U? With that said, why did he? Surely could've benefited staying in school...

Advertisement
He transferred to MDCC before his sophomore year so he would be eligible for the draft.

Alex made the majors the same year he was drafted so I disagree that a 3rd season in college would of helped him. Alex issue was that he blew out his arm in a playoff game with the Marlins. He should have come out of the game but kept pitching.

He transferred to MDCC before his sophomore year so he would be eligible for the draft.

Alex made the majors the same year he was drafted so I disagree that a 3rd season in college would of helped him. Alex issue was that he blew out his arm in a playoff game with the Marlins. He should have come out of the game but kept pitching.

So after the regional he transferred? How does the NCAA stop any freshman doing that?? Why didn't that pitcher from NCSU just transfer to a CC after the season, he would've been a Top 3 pick.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the elder. His son was on our team this year, how did the Braves draft him after his freshman year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back