Alex Cora in big trouble

Over baseball cheating scandal involving Red Sox and Astros. Apparent mastermind of the whole thing. Here comes Emmert sneaking around Canes’ baseball to see if something was going on here Cora might have learned from Miami program. Wasn’t Morris accused of some such stuff one year or two when he was coach?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Over baseball cheating scandal involving Red Sox and Astros. Apparent mastermind of the whole thing. Here comes Emmert sneaking around Canes’ baseball to see if something was going on here he might have learned from Miami program. Wasn’t Morris accused of some such stuff one year or two when he was coach?
I believe that was Mike Martin being sour lol. It’s been awhile so the details might be fuzzy, but he tried to say we were doing something with the walkie talkies down in the bullpens and with a camera in CF. Believe he even had staffers out there looking for it? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. Nothing was ever found.

That rivalry got really hot. Martin and Morris nearly got into a fight right on the field at one point. That was at home. Had the 2008 incident up in Tallahassee. Good times lol.

FSU accused us of using a direct feed from the Sunshine Network to see the catcher's signals. That may or may not have happened, but Morris' program did get nailed twice by the NCAA. The decline came soon after he got the message to clean things up.

Advertisement
FSU accused us of using a direct feed from the Sunshine Network to see the catcher's signals. That may or may not have happened, but Morris' program did get nailed twice by the NCAA. The decline came soon after he got the message to clean things up.
Joined 2 weeks ago? I’m guessing you have an agenda.

Emmert just dying to put baseball program on probation. He likes ANY Miami sports program to be on probation. In fact, he’d like to have ALL our sports on probation forever. The hate is strong in that azzholes.

I believe that was Mike Martin being sour lol. It’s been awhile so the details might be fuzzy, but he tried to say we were doing something with the walkie talkies down in the bullpens and with a camera in CF. Believe he even had staffers out there looking for it? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. Nothing was ever found.

That rivalry got really hot. Martin and Morris nearly got into a fight right on the field at one point. That was at home. Had the 2008 incident up in Tallahassee. Good times lol.
Man I was at that 2008 game in Tally. Jemile Weeks giving the entire FSU bench the middle finger at the end of the game was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

Advertisement
Joined 2 weeks ago? I’m guessing you have an agenda.
The phrasing of that last sentence struck me as implying Miami was some rogue program and fell off after the sanctions. Maybe that wasn’t your intent and I took it wrong.

We did have some violations relating to over allocating some scholarships and Collazo running some workouts with pitchers who were defined as prospects by age, but that’s typical stuff. We had plenty of really good teams after that was handled. That was my only point.

If you are a Miami baseball fan, all good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back